GB Chat

Can't find the Strikemaster so that must be at my parents, although I don't remember taking it back.

However, I have found the Matchbox Canberra PR.9, a Monogram 1/48 Huey Hog dated 1977 and an Airfix Ju-52 (new boxing with floats)

So, which should I choose? Decisions. :hmmm:

• Like 1

So many clunkers to choose from! I've been waiting for this GB, reckon it's just the thing to get me unstuck.

Airfix Harrier GR.1 or GR.3

Matchbox HueyCobra

Hasegawa UH-1D

Hasegawa F-100D or F-105D

Matchbox Lightning F.6

Revell F-4K (ancient...)

Revell box scale F-8

Revell F8F

Airfix Skyraider

Esci 1/48 A-4E (neatly killing two GB birds with one stone, perhaps?)

Airfix Mk.1 Spitfire (yes, that one, in a bag)

Hasegawa F-4E (the original one, in 1/72)

Airfix Hunter

Which should I go for??? Any would be old-school builds, with the wheels up, probably, the better to dogfight with... Might attempt more than one, if I get the bit between my teeth...

So many clunkers to choose from! I've been waiting for this GB, reckon it's just the thing to get me unstuck.

Airfix Harrier GR.1 or GR.3

Matchbox HueyCobra

Hasegawa UH-1D

Hasegawa F-100D or F-105D

Matchbox Lightning F.6

Revell F-4K (ancient...)

Revell box scale F-8

Revell F8F

Airfix Skyraider

Esci 1/48 A-4E (neatly killing two GB birds with one stone, perhaps?)

Airfix Mk.1 Spitfire (yes, that one, in a bag)

Hasegawa F-4E (the original one, in 1/72)

Airfix Hunter

Which should I go for??? Any would be old-school builds, with the wheels up, probably, the better to dogfight with... Might attempt more than one, if I get the bit between my teeth...

Out of all them, I would like to see the Lightning or Airfix Hunter :)

I might as well jump into the deep end and start my business here on BM with a Group Build, if the intended kit is ok. I have a Matchbox Mig-21 1/72 product nr PK-19. Its old enough as the sprues are marked 1973. Could be a nice first public subject.

Sounds good to me! :thumbsup:

Out of all them, I would like to see the Lightning or Airfix Hunter :)

I agree about the Lighning. Mind you, the Skyraider might be nice as well. I'm building one of those myself.

I went through my stash database last night and I am thinking of putting something forward as a second build which actually could qualify for THREE of the current builds if allowed in this one.

The 1/48 Monogram A-4 - not sure of its age but I'm pretty sure it will be older than the Hasegawa range?

I went through my stash database last night and I am thinking of putting something forward as a second build which actually could qualify for THREE of the current builds if allowed in this one.

The 1/48 Monogram A-4 - not sure of its age but I'm pretty sure it will be older than the Hasegawa range?

It was in a 1982-83 catalogue I have, so must have been issued before that date. And it's definitely older than the hasegawa kit. It was not a bad kit actually, maybe the best in this scale before the arrival of the Hobbycraft and Hasegawa kits

Have just unpacked a random box and found the two kits that I had put aside for this GB. They are;

1. Artiplast Ansaldo SVA-5, purportedly 1/48, reported as being nearer 1/50 and after checking different parts vary between 1/46 - 1/52... :weep: This is the original boxing from 1963 and has been superseded by the recent Fly model which looks so much better.

So I intend (?) doing this one as a complete rebuild to 1/48 and to add as much detail as I can... Of the 24 parts that compose this kit I feel that not all might make it to the final build :frantic:

2. Plastyk Caudron Renault 714 C1 Cyclone. It is 1/72 and is composed of 29 parts as 1 is missing! One wing and one undercarriage door are short shot and there is a +1mm miss-match between the wing moulds. Not to mention that the instructions mention parts not included in the model. Best not to mention the canopy... This really makes me open the box gasp as I catch sight of the plastic and close the box as fast as possible. I am fairly sure that a nice model lurks inside this crudely cast blobby plastic thing sitting in front of me.

The only problem I see is that Scalemates list the production date as 199Y. Is it acceptable? I think the earlier Heller model is far better! This surprised me as I thought it was much earlier than the Heller version! :hypnotised:

Happy modelling

Christian the Married and exiled to Africa

Of course! The more the merrier.

Cool!

Quick root through the big box of obsolete kits I just happen to have in the garage has thrown up the following possibilities, all 1/72 - Airfix Gazelle, Airfix Hunter FGA9 and Frog Javelin - what to do???

cheers

Si

Think I'm going to go with the Huey, it's easier. smaller, and I can put it somewhere when done.

Good choice Radleigh. It's not a bad kit for it's age and does look like aHuey once built. But then which scheme?

Colin

Hey guys/gals!

Last night before kick-off - getting excited now, so many good(bad) kits going on...

...gentlemen, start your engines!

Pete

I had to resort to an Airfix Spit VB this evening - from a virgin plastic kit to first camo shade in five hours. It's nice to forget it now for a few years as the start was just too good. Actually the VB-kit would be eligible to this GB too, wouldn't it?

I had to resort to an Airfix Spit VB this evening - from a virgin plastic kit to first camo shade in five hours. It's nice to forget it now for a few years as the start was just too good. Actually the VB-kit would be eligible to this GB too, wouldn't it?

Yes. Yes it most certainly would. First pressed in 1974 and supercceded by the Tamiya kit. Was about to say 'more detailed Tamiya kit' but the almost complete lack of a cockpit within the Airfix kit makes me inclined to say simply 'detailed Tamiya kit'. Have a couple close to the bench that were earmarked for conversion to Seafire I & II as I've a strange masochistic streak.