1/72 Airfix Skyhawk A-4P C-228 and 1/72 Airfix A-4C

Well I have um'd a d ah'd enough about what to build next and wether I should join the GB or not, so I decided to hell with it!

My entry will be the very nice, and popular in this GB, Airfix 1/72 A-4P. Ill be using the decals from the dogfight doubles boxing to depict C-228 just as she left on her final mission on 8th June 1982. Sadly the pilot, Teniente Alferez Vazquez was killed.

Sprues

F6287C90-0B58-4056-AC68-FD36AA66F1A3-981

1DA4ABE9-E701-419F-9CB7-94F84C7412EA-981

Extras

1CBEB93E-DD11-4091-A2C6-192B76638C79-981

Pavla seat and wheels

25231117-C3AC-4A3C-9E4B-1CB224A60803-981

Eduard mask and model hobby PE for the cockpit.

Since taking these snaps I've put the sprues into a warm bath!

Looking forward to making a proper start

Edited by SaintsPhil

Delayed starting my build as I've decided to add a second, an A-4C of the Argentinian airforce in the brownish green/Off white over light grey scheme.

I won't both posting sprues or AM as its exactly the same as above! As soon as all the bits arrive I'll start.

• 1 month later...

Right finally an update! Having thrown in the towel on my entry for the FAA GB it's full steam ahead to get these done!

Progress to date:

9EEAC077-3110-4F5C-A5D1-69A4AFD02E6A-102

Nice easy build, didn't put too much effort into pits as you really can't see much! I had the same issue with the seats as another GBer, the ones I got don't fit so I'm going to fall back to the kit seats. Canopies will be closed anyway so no real drama.

More soon hopefully

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry to all that looked in on this thread, I've completed one of the 2 and I'm almost there with the other one! Sadly I lost all my progress pics as my laptop died and took them with it!

The completed build is in the gallery and the other one is this far along:

image-3.jpg

Nice little kits these but didn't really have the time to give them the attention I should have!

• Like 1

Sorry to all that looked in on this thread, I've completed one of the 2 and I'm almost there with the other one! Sadly I lost all my progress pics as my laptop died and took them with it!

The completed build is in the gallery and the other one is this far along:

image-3.jpg

Nice little kits these but didn't really have the time to give them the attention I should have!

Can you tell me the colours you used for this - i believe the underside is "off white" but would be interested in what you used. Thanks.

I used the Mr Color equivalents of Dark earth and dark green, as per the air fix instructions, however I mixed the brown and green together as they faded to less of a contrast as they weathered. The underside is light blue, I used Mr color again, their Israeli light blue to be precise. I can't remember the numbers off the top of my head but I can look them up if you need them!

I openly stole the corrected camo pattern diagram from the net, the yellow ID bands were also painted over in brown by the time the aircraft flew its last mission.