1/32 Bf 109Ga-6

when I protected whole model with satin varnish, i was able to start the paintwork on details.

for the rubber tires i used vallejo's smoke. in my opinion this is the best color to reproduce wwii era aircraft tires. it appears best applied on surface primed with black

nnh3.jpg

using the same paint, but strongly diluted i washed exhaust pipes. next was some touches of blue tamiya's eyeshadow'. finally i slightly rubbed exposed surfaces with gunmetal pigment (finger is the best tool for this purpose)

lwqa.jpg
zpqz.jpg

Edited by KFS-miniatures
  • Like 4

KFS, that detail painting is stunning and you give some great tips for how to reproduce your excellent results. (Perhaps you should have cleaned up the mould seams on the exhausts though!!)

I thought the seams were like the Spitfire ones, supposed to be there ?

I thought the seams were like the Spitfire ones, supposed to be there ?

Yes, they are supposed to be there:

Me%20109G-2%20Black%206%20004.JPG

me109g4_rote_7_13_of_20.jpg

Both photographs above come from this post on Britmodeller:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234917956-converting-zvezda-148-bf109-f-2-into-a-g-2/?p=1032164

[Edit: I didn't see the post mentioning it was a joke.]

Regards,

Edited by sharkmouth

Gents, you are clearly not aware of my childish sense of humour. Of course I know they are weld seams - very nicely done as well.

Your humour is very clearly but try to imagine that a lots of this kind of advices on our forums looks so serious :evil_laugh: .

• Like 1

straight against habits of my workshop, I decide to make really a subtle wash. I used AK's enamel dedicatd to ivory/white AFV's interiors. some panels and hatches were more exposd with dark brown wash

zlgk.jpg
f4vq.jpg
qu86.jpg
3fgv.jpg

next i made some scratches and paint chips on the propeller. for this purpose i used a metal brush. please note, that according to references I made more paint coat damages on the rear surfaces of the propeller's blades

l5lc.jpg
gzqj.jpg
7k04.jpg

at this step i was able to remove all masking from the canopy

x2c0.jpg

• Like 5

cooler's flaps were painted first with RLM 02. next I applied all other colors. at the final step af the airbrushing i masked camouflaged surfaces and retouched flaps interiors (and wheel wells as well) wit an airbrushed coat of RLM02. it's simple, easy, and works well no matter of the colors..

Superb build!

PS. I bought Air Modeller No 50 after the Skyraider on the front grabbed my attention. It looks absolutely fantastic with all the weathering you have applied.