Mr. Color paints in UK or alternative?

periklis_sale

Hi,

Try Martyn at MDP;

http://www.modeldisplayproducts.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=79_132_137

he stocks quite a few and is a decent chap :)

Incidentally mr color is gunze.

I'm afraid you're incorrect there. Mr Color is a lacquer (solvent) based paint, Gunze is an acrylic paimt the same as Tamiya.

I think you'll find all the traders mentioned only sell the boxed sets of Mr Color.

Tim.

Good afternoon guys

where i can buy Mr. Color paints in the uk?

i am after no.14 and 72 colors for ther Mitsubishi F2

does anybody have any alternatives in tamiya? or Gunze?

cheers

Mr Color 14- Navy Blue.

Mr Color 72- Intermediate Blue

I.doubt you'll get those in the UK unless they are included in any boxed sets a few UK dealers sell.

The equivalent Mr Hobby Colors are

H-54 Navy Blue

H-56 Intermediate Blue.

Both of those paints can be thinned with the Mr Color thinners as you would use with the Mr Color paint. All of which are easily bought here in the UK.

There are a couple of sellers on eBay, based in far east, which I have used many times to order Mr Color paints. I find these the best paints, better even than the Mr Hobby ones. The seller I recommend is austrapolitan, they tend to arrive in 7-10 days, 14 at a push.

Phil

Edited by SaintsPhil

I'm afraid you're incorrect there. Mr Color is a lacquer (solvent) based paint, Gunze is an acrylic paimt the same as Tamiya.

I think you'll find all the traders mentioned only sell the boxed sets of Mr Color.

Tim.

I have both mr color and mr hobby- use them quite a bit. Both made by gunze sangyo.

I have both mr color and mr hobby- use them quite a bit. Both made by gunze sangyo.

Indeed they are but as Tim said the Mr Color is a lacquer based acrylic and unavailable in the UK, Mr Hobby is a water based acrylic available from various outlets in UK. I use both but am tending towards Mr Hobby more often now as it behaves just like Mr Color but without the issues associated with lacquer. The only real difference is in the range of colours available, Mr Color has more choices.

Duncan B