trumpeter spares

Panzer Vor!!!

The answer I got 6 months ago from them ( both direct and via facebook ) was to go to the importer, or make my own replacements - no luck with either.

That should be your first port of call.

However I did eventually get a replacement sprue from a favorite ebay seller of mine "dawngrocerystore" who was able to get the spare sprue and ship it with another kit. He may be able to help.

Peter

The turret sprue was missing from the M1117 kit when I got it. I tried emiling Trumpeter with no reply, emailed the on-line shop I got it from who told be contact Trumpeter. In the end I contacted their R&D manager who frequents Armorama who promised to sort it out. Took a few months but in the end the sprue arrived. And then another a few days later! PM me the details (kit number and sprue ref and an address) and I'll pass it on through Armorama if you want

Cheers

Sean

• 4 years later...

Good morning everybody!

My personal experience.

I bought an AV-8B+ in 1/32 from Downgrocerystore that has very good prices and perfect service.

When checking pieces found that the tip of lower part of underwing tank and the small underwing tank strake where not fully injected so a little bit phocomelic.

Nothing disastrous but...........

Contacted Trumpeter by e-mail

After one month sent a remainder.

After two days got very kind answer with apologies and promise to send spare sprue.

Just to confirm if their understanding was correct they have sent me a picture of the relevant sprue.

And it was ok.

Now waiting for the spares.

At the moment nothing to say about their customer service but that is very good.

At least they are there and they answer queries in due time.

May be a kind and detailed request will help them serving us in the good mood.

Happy modelling.

Giuliano

• 3 years later...

Good to read a success story. I have read on a few websites (including this one) that Trumpeter don't give any real notice that they are sending you what you've requested, but the service is usually fairly good. 

Chris. 

PS: Just read an earlier post.... obviously, peoples' experience with Trumpeter are very varied. Surely, it is in the company's interests to keep their customers happy and provide a decent spare-parts service?

Edited by spruecutter96
Amending some information.

• 5 months later...

Hi

I am after getting a replacement decal sheet for a trumpeter kit. 

How do you go about it these days?

I tried clicking the link and it came up with an email address which i sent an email to over a month ago but got no reply. i have just re-sent it.

Cheers

Mick

If you bought the kit from a legitimate retailer in the UK then under UK law they have the responsibility to provide you with replacement parts. They cannot palm you off on the OEM: that is for them to pursue as they were provided with faulty goods by the OEM under their contract.  You have no contractual relationship with the OEM and you do not stand in law as a Third Party Interest in ther contract with the re-seller.  They cannot charge you for shipping the replacement parts.  Similar legislation exists within the EU.  "Legitimate trader" would include anyone trading on eBay - by which I mean people who are not selling off personal stash items.  Anyone buying and selling goods will be included, whether they want to be or not.

I found some missing parts in a Tiger Models kit years after I bought it.  Now apparently a brand of Kinetic.  The UK importer declined to help because of the timescale and I couldn't prove where I bought it.  They did put me in touch with Kinetic who said they would send replacement parts but nothing has appeared many months later.

So time and proof of purchase are factors.  Kinetic wanted photos to prove I actually had the kit.

You might think about Small Claims on the retailer.  That costs £25 but if you win your case you get that back.  Kits are not getting any cheaper these days.  They cannot give an order of specific performance to provide the parts but they can enforce a refund of the price of the faulty goods, which you may not be required to return.  Of course you need an evidence trail that you can submit with your claim.  With my help my sister-in-law recently got Small Claims to overturn an eBay decision in favour of the other party.  eBay's decisions are frequently barking and legally unsound.

If you bought through eBay or used PayPal then they have resolution processes.  If you used a credit card you can ask them to intervene for a chargeback.  That gets a little hazy if you used a credit card through PayPal and your card provider may not help here.

Under current UK legislation the seller has to prove that the goods were not faulty at sale, rather than you proving they were.  And you have 2 years cover.