Italeri F-35 test shot.

GreenDragon

Italeri has posted Facebook pics of the new tool F-35 test shot. https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.537501719655786.1073741836.454765391262753&type=1

Paul Harrison

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

looks good pity it wasnt the F35B ..

thomas

That will probably follow, although i suspect that may do a naval C before the B becuase the C is basically the A with longer wings, a larger housing for the arrestoe hook, new undercarriage etc where as the B will have to be a new tooling for the fuselage and Canopy

looks good pity it wasnt the F35B ..

thomas

Ah, actually I think the A model will be the big seller: most countries (Italy, Netherlands, Canada, Japan and the US) will fly the A model (the UK most likely will as well). Also the B model already has Fujimi (despite its higher price and inaccuracies), so the A model is most welcome.

Looking at the tooling the only way to do another version is a complete new tool

Yeah.... I also wonder if they can even use second sprue for the B model... I'm not sure if the bay doors are common.

Looking forward to it now, I wasn't sure about it being Italeri and all but that actually looks quite decent. The A is very welcome here as I want the USAF version first, 33rd FW markings on the boxart, hopefully they'll include Ogden or Edwards as well.

• 3 weeks later...

What a ugly a/c :sick:

Source: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.555550881184203.1073741839.454765391262753&type=1

F-35A - Final Test

Par Italeri Official Account · Mis à jour : il y a 22 heures

Here below the final assemby and painting test, on the latest prototpe, of our 1/72 scale F-35A Lightining II. It will available in the model shops from next weeks.

1375276-555550934517531-732287068-n.jpg

1391673-555550991184192-1064570853-n.jpg

1381418-555551004517524-400644387-n.jpg

1380054-555551001184191-88294325-n.jpg

563168-555579897847968-742628632-n.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Ah, actually I think the A model will be the big seller: most countries (Italy, Netherlands, Canada, Japan and the US) will fly the A model (the UK most likely will as well).

i dont think the uk will buy the A model as 617 sqd and 809 nas sq will both operate the B model of the F35 ...

thomas

What a ugly a/c :sick:

That it is. But the Gannet is pretty darn ugly, too, and I've grown quite fond of it. I think the only redeeming view of the F-35 is head-on:

F-3HeadOn.jpg

Looks like a giant mutant insect from an old 50s sci-fi movie. My only wish is that they hadn't named it "Lightning II."

Cheers,

Bill

i dont think the uk will buy the A model as 617 sqd and 809 nas sq will both operate the B model of the F35 ...

thomas

Oh, I'm pretty sure you'll see the A in time. There was talk about replacing the Tranche I later this decade with F-35As, but they were given a refurbishment that should last to the mid 2020s. Given the stark difference in operating cost, I really think you'll see the As come into service sooner rather than later.

That it is. But the Gannet is pretty darn ugly, too, and I've grown quite fond of it. I think the only redeeming view of the F-35 is head-on:

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee406/wrgilman/Lockheed%20Martin%20F-35/F-3HeadOn.jpg[/img

Looks like a giant mutant insect from an old 50s sci-fi movie. My only wish is that they hadn't named it "Lightning II."

Cheers,

Bill

I think the C is probably the best looking version (though the poorest performer)... especially at this angle.

CF01_RTF_F10_77915_1267828237_5995.jpg

Nope a procurement minister suggested they would probably eventually get the full quota of F-35's and no they wouldn't switch variant to the A to complicate the supply chain.

Back on topic i'm not sure i like that raised panels effect, it looks a little too heavy, i would have preferred them scribbed and use decals to get the panel effect

I see the UK option has traditional lo vis markings as opposed to the grey polo that it has flown with, so not really accurate.

Not to mention that the belts and inst. panels are those of Esci 30 years ago.....

• Like 1

I see the UK option has traditional lo vis markings as opposed to the grey polo that it has flown with, so not really accurate.

I know the first 3 aircraft have the polo mints roundels, but i get the feeling part of that is to belend in with the US aircraft as whilst British owned they are our part of the flight testing airgroup. We won't get a good idea on what our actual markings will be till the UK production aircraft start to appear and they are only due to be ordered itowards the end of the year !!. Note that the USN F-35C have sported full colour markings so options are more flexible than at first appeared.

I can't imagine the polo mints will last. a) If the "silver wings" era taught us nothing else, it's that the RAF will cheerily go with what looks good over what makes sense when it comes to camouflage, and (b ) it would be very confusing if the UK had to go to war with Greece.

• Like 1

F-3HeadOn.jpg

Cheers,

Bill

Totally agree on this. I quite like the look of it in general but head on i think it looks awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

I had the possibility of looking at the kit's sprues yesterday in Telford and I was surprised by the very tall ridges around the panels, what is your opinion, prototypical or massively overstated?

I can't imagine a state of the art jet with that kind of very prominent borders around panels

Cheers

Paolo

Hi All

I had the possibility of looking at the kit's sprues yesterday in Telford and I was surprised by the very tall ridges around the panels, what is your opinion, prototypical or massively overstated?

I can't imagine a state of the art jet with that kind of very prominent borders around panels

Cheers

Paolo

You can see some of the raised surface structure here, notably under the canopy:

F35JBD.jpg

I've not seen the Italeri sprues, so I can't judge if they're reasonable or not. How does what you saw compare to this photo?

Cheers,

Bill