Anybody like Beavers

camper1

Hi Folks,a few Beavers for you,all taken at Ketchikan in Alaska last year.Plenty of Otter ones as well if anyone is interested.

Ian

Thanks for the pics, Ian. I love Beavers, and I wouldn't mind Otters too.

Cheers,

Carlos

Anyone notice yet that more & more of these Beavers are getting a longer nose, moving the engine farther forward to balance the loads that can be put in the longer cabin? This all started with moving the rear bulkhead aft.

...& what's the trick to posting photos here?

-Lars

PS. Did some one ask for Norsemans?

lhyp.jpg

bpik.jpg

In the BC Air museum, Vancouver Island BC, Canada

ebhh.jpg

In the CNAM Museum Rockliffe, Ottawa

s9a2.jpg

Also the Daddy of all Beavers. Number one!!! The very first.

Anyone notice yet that more & more of these Beavers are getting a longer nose, moving the engine farther forward to balance the loads that can be put in the longer cabin? This all started with moving the rear bulkhead aft.

...& what's the trick to posting photos here?

-Lars

Hi Lars,

yep there's a few stretched Bevaers out there. Some have even had the engines replaced by those from Russia. And not forgetting the turbines/mk 3's and of course there's the one and only mk2 version that was built! They're like Land Rovers, youi never see two the same!

Regards

Reggie

PS As for photo's I can't help you there as my copy n paste functions have gone AWOL on my I-Mac, so I need to do a software upgrade to correct that little glitch!

A couple more taken on the same day as those above back in July 2006.

k3wd.jpg

dnnf.jpg

The collection at CNAMm is one to behold!! It truly is a Mecca for 'real aeroplane' fans. I spent a whole Sunday there and went round it at least 3 times and twice on a guided tour of the storage hangar!!

If you ever go to Canada and to Ottawa in particular a visit to this place is essential!

Thanks, Cameraman,

If copy & paste is all there is to it, I'll make a donation or 2...

Nope. Evidently not....drat!

...but anyone who is a member of the Yahoo civilwings group can access some of them in my "Lake Hood" photo folder there.

-Lars

Edited by lars_opland

Hi Lars,

yep there's a few stretched Bevaers out there. Some have even had the engines replaced by those from Russia. And not forgetting the turbines/mk 3's and of course there's the one and only mk2 version that was built! They're like Land Rovers, youi never see two the same!

Regards

Reggie

PS As for photo's I can't help you there as my copy n paste functions have gone AWOL on my I-Mac, so I need to do a software upgrade to correct that little glitch!

Hi Reggie,

The only "Russian" engines I've seen on DeHavillands are the Polish PZL units used on some Otters. I've been told those have all been replaced with turbo-props now, in Alaskan service, & I haven't seen any lately.

Cheers, -Lars

Hi Reggie,

The only "Russian" engines I've seen on DeHavillands are the Polish PZL units used on some Otters. I've been told those have all been replaced with turbo-props now, in Alaskan service, & I haven't seen any lately.

Cheers, -Lars

Hi Lars,

Airtech of Cnada used to do a conversion with the Russian designed, Polish built PZL-3S, seven cylinder radial engine. This can be seen as fitted to C-GBUL and I think was rated to 600HP. Looks well odd with a 4 bladed prop though!

Regards

Reggie