Tornado GR1 to GR4 conversion

MarkVX

What scale?

In 1/72 you can find the FLIR in the Olimp resin weapons set or from Freightdog.

In 1/48 you can get it in the Flightpath detailing set or the Olimp resin weapons set. I think there's another standalone set but I can't remember what it is called.

Hello, I do a 1/72 conversion for the GR.4 or GR.4A in my freightdog resin range. I am out of stock but will have more next week, or you can order from hannants (they will have them in stock by monday);

TornadoGR4set_zpsf217e639.jpg

I also do Brimstone and TIALD pods for the GR.4 seperately, these will also be available at hannants or from my website next week. Thanks

Colin

www.freightdogmodels.co.uk

• Like 2

I strongly recommend the Freightdog Tornado items. Have got some of their other bits too and they are top notch. Nicely moulded. Good service aswell from Colin. No affiliation with the company just a happy customer.

The wing tanks could medium sea grey, or they could be grey/green camo. If they are from an F3 they could be medium or Barley grey. Basically any tanks from any of the Tornado colourschemes could be carried on any Tornado regardless of its current colours.

The wing tanks could medium sea grey, or they could be grey/green camo. If they are from an F3 they could be medium or Barley grey. Basically any tanks from any of the Tornado colourschemes could be carried on any Tornado regardless of its current colours.

thanks that's answered my question

another ones popped up though, is there a reason it can carry 4 1000lb iron bombs but only 2 paveway's?

PM me your suggestion Stu, the competition might be looking! I always enjoy the suggestions threads for other manufacturers, always give me some good ideas!

Colin

pm sent

Edited by PhantomBigStu

thanks that's answered my question

another ones popped up though, is there a reason it can carry 4 1000lb iron bombs but only 2 paveway's?

pm sent

It can actually carry 8 1000lbers (or at leats the GR1 could) on twin stores pylons, but it's the length of the lGB that means you can only fit one per pylon.

Regarding Stormshadows. Im planning on fitting the pair in the Revell 1/72 Typhoon on the Revell Tornado. Do they fit straight on the under fuselage pylons or is there a launch adaptor.

Looks like its straight onto the pylon.......

http://tornadosig.weebly.com/storm-shadow.html

First photo shows the MACE plugs on the missile.

Andy

The Tornado requires the TAIK (Tornado Adaptor Interface Kit) to be fitted to the Missile as shown in the 1st picture.

This areodynamic fairing allows MACE (Minimum Area Crutchless Ejector) Lugs to be fitted for Tornado rather than Bale lugs,

Edited by Barrovian
  • Like 1