HT's Monogram Tigercat F7F-3

Fair enough...i got cracking on the build yesterday.

Box Shot 1967.

001.jpg

First up were the u/c and engines. 4 parts easy as you like.

013.jpg

Wings, after the 4 guns were added to them the halves were cemented.

014.jpg

Not much in the way of detail in the pit. Front u/c leg installed.

015.jpg

A quick test fit of all the parts as there is no indication of weight in the nose but i damb well know im going to need some.

016.jpg

This should be enough. Nice lump of lead hammered to the desired shape.

018.jpg

There you go, dry fit no two with weight added. Note i also added some in the cowling of each engine.

017.jpg

As im not installing the pilot i needed some cockpit detail but with that lump up front im limited to what i can do so i simply cut a floor out of plasticard and installed a seat from the spares box.

019.jpg

Fuselage halves cemented as well as the wings and stabiliers/elevators.

020.jpg

Engines with their cowlings fitted. At this point i got a little hu77 out and painted the interior of the wells and the oleos.

021.jpg

Engines installed to the wings.

022.jpg

• Like 1

Gosh you're going to have this done before I've even sorted out the cowlings on mine!!!

That's a far lump of lead you've use, think I'm going to have to add weight to the engine pods on mine as well to have it sit right! Thought it was quite common for the Tigercats to sit on their tails when they were empty, there are some cool photos around showing this.

What vintage was the model?

Looks great though, we'll done tackling an oldie like this one.

I've got one in that box somewhere in my stash. Also have one in a later 'Heritage ' boxing that is planned for a build one day with Starfighter Decals lined up for it. (NOT the F-104 Starfighter by the way!!!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...