Reference thread

I have two questions regarding early Skyhawks (A-4B), that I haven't been able to answer from my own research:

1. What colour is the canopy and windscreen interior surfaces? Black or Dark Gull Grey (DGG)?

2. What colour is the RAPEC ejection seat used on this version DGG or Black?

My think the answers are:

1. Black

2. DGG

But obviously, I'd like confirmation.

Finally, Skyhawks in general, was the fin LE ever finished in corroguard or was it always just paint?

Wez

Edited by Wez

I have two questions regarding early Skyhawks (A-4B), that I haven't been able to answer from my own research:

1. What colour is the canopy and windscreen interior surfaces? Black or Dark Gull Grey (DGG)?

2. What colour is the RAPEC ejection seat used on this version DGG or Black?

My think the answers are:

1. Black

2. DGG

But obviously, I'd like confirmation.

Finally, Skyhawks in general, was the fin LE ever finished in corroguard or was it always just paint?

Wez

Wez

Had a look over the reference material that I have and from what I can see, going from black and white photos, on the A-4B the windshield was black, and inside of the canopy looks to be black, but some show grey on the canopy which looks to be padding, this was fitted to the A-4D1 (A-4A)

The seats I have photos in books showing both colors, if you can take the captions as being right

As for the leading edge of the fin again working from black and white photos looks to be painted

Hope this helps

Wez

Had a look over the reference material that I have and from what I can see, going from black and white photos, on the A-4B the windshield was black, and inside of the canopy looks to be black, but some show grey on the canopy which looks to be padding, this was fitted to the A-4D1 (A-4A)

The seats I have photos in books showing both colors, if you can take the captions as being right

As for the leading edge of the fin again working from black and white photos looks to be painted

Hope this helps

Thanks Mike, I'll go with DGG for the seat, black for the canopy/windscreen interior and a painted fin then.

Wez