New Tamiya big bike!

Will Vale

Never thought this would happen, as Tamiya seem to have been happy to re-release their back catalogue of big bikes, but HLJ have pictures of what they claim is a new-tool 1/6 Fat Boy:

http://www.hlj.com/product/tam16041

OK, so it's another Harley and there are a lot of those from several manufacturers already (including Tamiya) but still, FWIW I built one of the older 1/6 scale kits and it was great - didn't exactly fall together though, so the thought of building one with modern Tamiya engineering is prettty compelling.

I think I know what I want for Christmas :D I hope this means they're planning to make some others - the new one is 16041 and that leaves a gap in the numbering I think?

Will

PS: Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, but I didn't spot it.

Edited by Will Vale

Hiya Jokster

It is a new kit, yes, but not exactly a new tool, is a re engineered kit to bring it up to date, taken from the old fat boy kit.

The katana certainly is a nice bike, (and looks better finished than in bits on the floor) but I still reckon the Z1300 is just about the best...

Steve

The old kit was an Evolution engine ,the new kit looks to be a Twin Cam. So I would think its an all new kit. Fat boys were never done in all-black until recently as well.

Hopefully they will do a Revolution engine kit.

What's a Harley??? Lol

ATB

Okay I'll bite. If it was a game show the answer would be:

What is the greatest bike ever built , with the largest fan base in the world , the longest production runs and so popular guys onJapanesebikes just cant get by it and have to post stupid comments about endless oil leaks and other drivel, and all their girlfriends wish they would buy one?

Good answer Riggers!

LOL

ATB

Edited by krow113
  • Like 1

Okay I'll bite. If it was a game show the answer would be:

What is the greatest bike ever built , with the largest fan base in the world , the longest production runs and so popular guys onJapanesebikes just cant get by it and have to post stupid comments about endless oil leaks and other drivel, and all their girlfriends wish they would buy one?

Good answer Riggers!

LOL

ATB

I know, I know - a Triumph!

• Like 1

What, apart from the fact they are just xxxxx.

That the best you squiddlys got ?,pretty lame!

Perhaps you could point out the xxxxxx part on this chopper I hand built:

s3.jpg

Generally when homophobic slurs are introduced the parties responsible have lost the argument. Especially from guys who ride around with xxxxxx the air!

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATB NOT!

Edited by Greg B
Inappropriate language removed
  • Like 1

Mmmmm! That looks...er...."comfy"!!! Xxxxxx No, no, no......it's wrong!!!

ATB to all....regardless what "machinery" you ride.............! Lol

You have to have arms like Mr Tickle to ride that!!!

Edited by Greg B
Inappropriate language removed

Best laugh and thread I have participated in a long time! I'm going for a ride on my Street Rod.

By the way that chopper handled like a dream and blew numerous squids off the road when they mistook it for the stupid stereotypical opinion japkiddies have for Harley riders and their bikes. Then I sold it for 40k ,prolly buy 10 throwaway jappo's for that!

Later!

Edited by krow113

By the way that chopper handled like a dream and blew numerous squids off the road when they mistook it for the stupid stereotypical opinion japkiddies have for Harley riders and their bikes. Then I sold it for 40k ,prolly buy 10 throwaway jappo's for that!

Later!

It probably blew them off the roads due to the cloud of exhaust smoke billowing out of the rear end! More importantly, the Japkiddies probably let it past as they didn't want to be seen with it!

BTW, Aprilia is Italian!!

• Like 1