More FAA Corsair Mk IV questions

Chris Preston

Hi Everyone,

There were a number of posts on this forum recently regarding FAA Corsairs, which caused me to dig out my three Tamiya 48th scale kits with thoughts on building Hammy Grey's aircraft. I've done a search on this forum for all articles relating to RN Corsairs (............and there's a lot of material there !!) and I'm hoping I can shorten my search for info with a few questions - and answeres from the more knowledgeable ones on this forum.

Before I go any further, I'm aware of the confusion/controversy over what aircraft Hammy Grey was flying on his last flight, so that's not one of my currrent questions - I'll save that for later.

1. What is the correct diameter propeller for an FG-1d, and which Tamiya kit has it?

2. I have the MDC conversion kit, but the instructions are very indistinct and not fully printed - where do the fueselage

scoops go (all of them)? I can't find their location on the intructions due to the incomplete printing of same.

Can anyone on this board advise?

Thanks in advance.

Chris Preston,

Victoria, BC,

Canada

HI!

For the Corsair IV (FG-1D equivalent) you need the serial number to see which of the mods is appropriate.

KD571 introduced the 13'1" paddle bladed prop

KD868 introduced the 5" rocket stubs

I do not have a good handle as to when the "Clear Vision " hood was introduced by Goodyear

The Tamiya F4U-1D kit has these features.

E-mail me for the scoops at bad at cfl dot rr dot com

Bruce