SMER FULMAR 1/72

Hi folks,after the disaster with the corsair and a week away on holiday,back into the fray with smers boxing of someone

else,s fulmar in a 1/72 scale.looks like a very well moulded kit,excellent canopy and decals,I will leave it,s

accuracy to others but it looks like a fulmar to me.SDC10322_zps0f028b6c.jpg

Its not a bad kit at all. Not 21st Century tooling but is nice. First appeared in a Vista Box. also by Revell and Airfix!! I think I still have mine built from the Vista edition.

I have this kit in the almost-completed pile and it's actually quite a nice kit. Accuracy wise it's also good. Detail is unfortunately sparse but some scratchbuilding can do wonder.

The only modification I did to the shape of the kit was to angle the fin as in the real Fulmar this was not aligned with the fuselage midline but slightly canted.

Looking forward to seeing what you'll do with this one !

A number of Smer 1/72 kits are by Heller, maybe this is one of them.

No, as stated above, it was originally produced by Vista. Based on the quality of the Fulmar kit, I would have liked to have seen more from them (ISTR they advertised some future plans) but they seemed to disappear after the first kit. Mind you, the Antares Curtiss Seahawk looked as if it might have been by the same people.

1930's French bombers, which are Heller.

& reasonably decent kits too by all accounts. They seem to need a bit of work on the interiors being a bit bare in this area but I've seen some that have made up really nicely. I think they're quite decent value for money as well as being the only game in town for some of them.

Steve.

Progress at last,ready to join fuselage halves together not a lot can be seen especially after the glazing is painted but I added some

"spurious" decals to as a bit of interest to what can be seen,the wings are assembled so more to follow soon, thanks for looking.SDC10341_zpsd76323cc.jpgSDC10340_zpse09e6748.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Good work so far, this is a nice kit to build, I did the Airfix one last year and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Good luck with your build

All the best

Chris

Thanks Chris,sadly it all ended in tears!after painting and decaling I totally messed up my usual method of weathering and my attempt

at sorting it made it worse so this and my FAA build both ended in disaster.Oh well!

Sorry to hear about this.

Thanks Richard,I mixed a wash of black/water/washing up liquid into the panel lines as a sludge but instead of removing it as soon as

it dried I had to go out and left it till the evening.I must have got the ratio wrong and no way would it clean off and the more I tried the

worse the disaster!