! Dumb Question No1 !

TonyR

Here goes .... I have viewed lots of Albums / Walk-around's / Picture collections etc, of the Hawker Hunter - but there is one section that they never seem to show, and one question that never quite gets answered!!

'How does the crew access ladder fit to the side of the fuselage?????' Is there some sort of locking mechanism that clips into the kick-in foot step? or some other means of attachment - Does anyone have detailed drawings / photos of this area? . or anyone on the forum who has worked on Hunters and can describe in detail - any help would be appreciated.

Tony R

Hi Chadders, If memory serves,There is a small panel below the cockpit which is a kick in type of thing. The ladder has a pin that is pointing downwards and that fits into a corresponding hole within this panel, the top step of the ladder is hinged to assist with this, once the pin is engaged, the hinged step is pulled/pushed down locking the ladder in place. A good kick of the ladder on the bottom step confirms its held !!!

HTH

Thanks very much Chadders and Smeds - That was exactly the information I was looking for!! - A detailed description of how it works and a good picture to confirm . I couldn't have asked for more -- Thanks to Dave T (as a former Hunter owner), for his confirmation too.

Chadders, that is some topic your link led me to - I'm going to enjoy having a good long browse through that, Thanks again.

Tony R