KFS adds a FV 432 in 1/24th scale

Dads203

Will Sir be partaking, given that was your mount during the aftermath of that there Cold War? :hmmm:

Once the funds have been secured, I think I feel a AFV 436 conversion could be in order ...... Spent many a happy hour trashing German roads

and countryside in one of those 432's and 436's.

Me and my wagon, far left

BTroop206Sqn_zps1fe03d74.jpg

And our very funny REME det who decided to brighten up my wagon after a 2500 mission service, just after the first Gulf War.

TD2013001_zpsd7110db1.jpg

Happy dayz

Dan

Damn, had better start saving for this.

Want to do an Amby version for my Dad who spent many years charging around Germany in one of these, first as a driver then commander.

Julien

• 1 month later...

This kit arrived today and I have to say it was not cheap but you certainly get what you pay for.

It looks very well made. The power pack is a model in its own right.

Pics and a review to follow soon.

Julien

Hi,

Yes its not the cheapest kit out there.

However its not a mainstream subject or scale, and I suspect costs to have the patterns made up and then the resin cast are not insubstantial.

The only other 432 I know of is the AA 1.35 kit. This kit far surpasses that in terms of quality and build instructions.

Also given that the 432 is not a very large kit even in 1.35, in 1.24 it makes to an impressive model without being massive!

The only problem (well for my wallet anyway) is that I am now looking at other 1.24 kits KFS make!

Julien

Maybe as a target :evil_laugh:

Haha!

Maybe a resupply with a Bedford truck and lots of camo nets/scrim. Now, 1/24 scale trees.......

Oh, and the need for a table big enough to put the whole thing might be a bit of a limiting factor!

That would be a big diorama! better to use thier Bedford truck though, and they also do 1:24 PSP which would be good for the harrier.

I can use the 432 kit to do a diorama of my Dad's 432 section. Normally a section was 3 vehicles so I will model one of times they preped the vehicles for river crossing excersices. One year one of the guys forgot to put the bungs in so sank halfway across the Weser. Not to be out done he came back for another 432, made sure all the bungs were in etc; then went into the river forgetting the back door was open!

I think quite a few jokes were made about joing the Navy's submarine service!

Julien

Dear (insert your favourite deities name here)

Yes, its me again.

Before you ask, yes Ive been a good boy and I eat all my veggies.

But (insert deities name here), What I asked for was such a litlle thing for such an omnipotent being such as yourself...

So please... can we have one of these in 1/35 scale from main stream manufacturer... PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Your faithful and obedient servant

Steve

Once the funds have been secured, I think I feel a AFV 436 conversion could be in order ...... Spent many a happy hour trashing German roads

and countryside in one of those 432's and 436's.

Me and my wagon, far left

BTroop206Sqn_zps1fe03d74.jpg

And our very funny REME det who decided to brighten up my wagon after a 2500 mission service, just after the first Gulf War.

TD2013001_zpsd7110db1.jpg

Happy dayz

Dan

Dan.....I concur mate!!

Stripped many a tree in Munster woods with a 436 (Cymbeline plonked on top) & a 432 (Listening Post)!!

Happy days are true!! Lol

ATB

I could not agree more steve, then I could do one in a diorama with my Land Rover Amby.

Stay away from the AA one I dont think its worth the money.

Julien

Hi Julien

You know quite a few people have told me that.

I think maybe its time to get the plans out and scratch build one.

Had a plan a while ago. The old Airfix mags had a article in them, yonks ago, about the 432, to scratchbuild one in 1/72nd scale. My thoughts were just to take that article and upscale it to 1/35 and see if it works. We all know however, that I shall undertake this project, take pictures and show them off on BM and the next week some manufacturer will announce that they are releasing one... :thumbsup:

Steve

I wonder in 1/35 if you could start with the Tamyia M113? it would give you the basic body shape and its the same number of wheels.

I know there are a fair number of differences but it might be a start.

Julien

Personally the AA 35th scale 432 is a real cracker of a kit and worth the money,

I've built a few of them in the past and the latest version has a nice interior.

Converting a M1113 would be a nightmare and probably just a bridge too far,

Too many differences to make it a viable project. It would be easier to totally scratch build it

Using plastic card.

Regards

Dan

The one I had Dan (admittedly a few years ago) was not a good kit, problems with some of the parts and the poorest instructions I have ever seen with a kit.

Perhaps they had upped their game a bit in the last couple of years?

Someone really needs to do this in plastic, you could get some many variants out of the moulds.

Julien

found this beastie in a kids playground last year in Scotland, it was still pretty much complete but missing the periscopes by the time i left, seemed a shame it should end up as a playground attraction.

regards oz!

uyg4_zpsd9d13bdd.jpg

• 9 months later...

Dan have you seen their latest;

Later still in the year, & probably over-running into 2015, we will be turning our attention to several 'add-on' conversion kits for the FV432 APC, these include Wombat Role conversion, 81mm Mortar conversion, Peak Turret conversion, 30mm Rarden canon turret conversion, FV438 Swingire anti-tank conversion....culminating in a complete new full kit of the FV434 REME fitters vehicle. 28/6/14 The first of these conversions is the 7.62mm GPMG Peak turret kit. Masters for this are now well underway & the conversion for Peak equipped FV432 & Saxon should, with luck, be ready before the Telford show in November.