An-124 Ruslan in 1/72 scale - Modelsvit kit finished....

I have finally finished it .....

an-124_58.JPG

It's so big ..... it's difficult to photograph....

an-124_59.JPG

You can just make out the clear acrylic cradle in this shot.....

an-124_64.JPG

This was the most difficult part of the whole build...... the main undercarriage...

an-124_65.JPG

Note that it doesn't actually rest on the wheels - there's a clear acrylic cradle holding it up.....

an-124_66.JPG

The four engines are complete models in their own right - highly detailed inside!

an-124_67.JPG

With a figure to lend scale.......

an-124_68.JPG

an-124_70.JPG

I'm off to find something smaller to build..... :thumbsup:/>/>

Ken

• Like 24

Wow, are you bringing it to any model shows

I'm going to the Avon show this weekend - then FAA show in October - then the Nats at Telford.

I'll try and dig out my An-22 to go with it at Telford.......

Ken

• Like 1

Stunning job, I would love to see it next to something to give an appreciation of its size. :thumbsup:

an-124_14.JPG

prowler0000:- Now, how about an An-225?!?!?!

There are parts on the undercarriage sprues - for two extra wheel bays - plus different wheel leg parts (I used two by mistake before I noticed - note the 3rd & 4th legs).....

an-124_26.JPG

.... so they are obviously planning to do a Dream (which would be an even bigger nightmare to build) :rolleyes:

Ken

• Like 1

I'm going to the Avon show this weekend - then FAA show in October - then the Nats at Telford.

I'll try and dig out my An-22 to go with it at Telford.......

Ken

That I cannot miss! :D Superb model Ken, very envious.

Ken, nice to hear they're going to do the An-225 Mriya (Dream)! I might have to buy that one, once I win the Texas Lottery and move into a 5,000 (10,000?) sq. ft. house! The Ruslan's a little too small for my tastes. But I should talk - I still haven't finished that piddling little An-22 Antei yet.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang

Very good,stroll on, that's a big thing.I really like the little detail(s) on the wheels. Do the Russians use red for (tyre) creep marks or tyre heavy spot (positioned 180 degs to valve) because the nose wheels have them aswell. BTW Does the 124 have nose wheel brakes? Anyway, I suppose you'll be building an extension for this!