1/144 and 1/48 Hawker Hunter FGA.9

Hi,

As the Modellexpo 08-Open 2014 in Stockhom theme is Africa I decided to make a small contribution, a Rhodesian Hawker Hunter.

I used Revell's Hawker Hunter FGR.9 with some Brengun PE and Xtradecals, all in 1:144.

1/144 pictures:

144+1.jpg

144+2.jpg

HH8.jpg

And just as I had started fiddling with this little fellow above a Second Hand kit of the 1/48 Academy F.6 came in sight. I could not resist it and added some resin parts from PJ and PE from Eduard together with MAV decals in order to convert it into a decent looking Rhodesian Hunter.

1/48 pictures:

RHH2.jpg

RHH3.jpg

I could not find any good pictures of the various antenna configurations for the Rhodesian aircraft so I might just have got everything wrong, but at least I have tried to make it look like an early 1970's bird with some scratch-building.

RHH1.jpg

RHH4.jpg

HH9.jpg

Same story for the front office, no decent pictures available. If I have understood everything right the Rhodesians made some upgrades to keep their precious Hunters alive, so I added a few part, probably a long shot :coolio:

HH4.jpg

And finally a family portrait

HH5.jpg

Thank's for looking!

Cheers
/Fred

• Like 5

Most certainly not the livery one sees everyday on Hunters with so many other marking choices out there. So these birds are certainly unique. That being said, they are also some first class builds and look Excellent!!!

• 2 weeks later...