1/72 Special Hobby Vought SB2U-2 VS-72

VG 33

As a complement to Enzo Matrix's SB2U-1 I am gonig to satrt an SB2U-2 of Scout Squadron VS-72 attached to USS Wasp in January 1941.

For the sprues you can see them on the previous post from Petr@MPM.

Here is the box art and color scheme :

m_298517638_0.jpg

m_298517166_0.jpg

Patrick

Edited by VG 33
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Excellent! It's interesting to see how you've painted yours in almost the exact opposite way I painted mine. You painted the stripes before the silver and yellow, while I painted my stripes afterwards. Think I'll try your way with my next yellow wings model.

Superb! :thumbsup:

Your canopy frames are far neater than mine.

Thank you. Yes, at least on the pictures the frames are neater but honestly we should compare both kits closer.

I can see my silver paint grain is finer than yours. Xtracolor is my favourite for aluminium painted aircraft. This is not the case for natural metal.

Patrick

I can see my silver paint grain is finer than yours. Xtracolor is my favourite for aluminium painted aircraft. This is not the case for natural metal.

Interesting. I used Alclad2. I suppose I need to spend more time on preparation. I'll be getting a bit of practice on that with the Mig-15 that I've just started and with the Airfix Lightning.

• 2 months later...

Patrick ..

:wow::wow:

Just seen This and it's MOST IMPRESSIVE build..

She is HELLUVA BEAUTY... :worthy::worthy:

:heart:

(How's weather in Champagne ..the last time I was there was to drop MY nephew at the University... It must be really cold now... Take care)

Edited by HOUSTON

Patrick ..

:wow: :wow:

Just seen This and it's MOST IMPRESSIVE build..

She is HELLUVA BEAUTY... :worthy: :worthy:

:heart:

(How's weather in Champagne ..the last time I was there was to drop MY nephew at the University... It must be really cold now... Take care)

Thank you very muche HOUSTON for digging out this subject. It is really an easy kit to build.

The weather in Champagne is at the moment rainy and not so cold.

Patrick