AMT, U.S.S. Defiant
Just as the 1/32 Trumpeter Mig-29K Fulcrum was coming along nicely untill a commission dropped in my lap, not that I moan.
I have done a fair bit of Si-Fi over the years but never a Star Trek kit.

The lighting rig is bespoke and took a bit of tinkering, it is a mixture of LEDs and Fibre Optics all based around a 12v DC Supply.

The less said about the kit the better as I think it is by far the worst I have come across and took allot of time and effort to get it looking like this.
The stand is ok but I chose to change it as little as I knew over time it would drop with the weight of the kit plus all the lighting.
While I was pondering how to solve this I came upon the idea to have the DC jack as the mounting pin in the top of the stand. This had the virtue of being able to separate the stand and model but also it meant you could position the kit any way you liked and give the stand some strength.

The kit was all painted with Tamiya acrylic as usual, post shading to weather her a little and finished in mat. Weathering is a subjective thing here, I looked at allot of imagery and took a gentle approach.

Hope you all like.

Up next another commission, the new Polar Lights Enterprise Original series with Polar Lights Decals and Lighting Kit, busy busy, my poor old Fulcrum will have to wait.

Regards

Danny Attree
http://www.modelmasteruk.com/
102_5377.jpg102_5379.jpg102_5381.jpg102_5387.jpg102_5388.jpg102_5390.jpg

Edited by danimalmagic

Very nice! I think that's the best Defiant I've seen yet!

Any idea how you are going to do the Enterprise yet? The reason I ask is that I've built and lighted one, so if you need any advice, feel free to ask!

Very nice! I think that's the best Defiant I've seen yet!

Any idea how you are going to do the Enterprise yet? The reason I ask is that I've built and lighted one, so if you need any advice, feel free to ask!

The OS Enterprise should be ok. The guy has bought the polar lights decals and lighting kit so it should be straight forward. I have looked in the book and it will be less aggro than the Defiant i think in alot of ways, it will just take a bit longer.

Thanks

danny

Ok, weel good luck! Fitting the wires down the dorsal pylon is....tight, as I remember!

if i have a problem there that will be 25 years of engineering down the drain :-) i will manage.

dan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The OS Enterprise should be ok. The guy has bought the polar lights decals and lighting kit so it should be straight forward. I have looked in the book and it will be less aggro than the Defiant i think in alot of ways, it will just take a bit longer.

Thanks

danny

You may want to refer to either Steve Neill's garage / Simon Mercs, both on You tube , as they've already solved certain minor probs with it..........

You may want to refer to either Steve Neill's garage / Simon Mercs, both on You tube , as they've already solved certain minor probs with it..........

Enterprise already done and gone to a very happy customer, i never look at what other people do as you can get easily led astray and just end up copying them, no real point in doing that, have a look at my other work and you will see the completed enterprise.

I think part of learning is solving your own problems, this definatly the case for model building. Probably the engineer in me. The culture of looking at how others have built a kit before you have even opened the box yourself is lost on me i am affraid :-)

Just finishing a Stargazer 2001 Discovery, quite a challenge, i will post that soon

dan

Edited by danimalmagic

Not bad at all.

I have the Firbe optic Enterprise D in my stash and two separate AMT Fibre Optic Kits. again, for my Dotage. And I know now that I shoulda paid extra for the Lighted DS9 kit, instead of the plain one. Coulda, woulda shoulda...

I like the glow of the Warp engine lights in the dark. Nice.

Edited by Fea

Not bad at all.

I have the Firbe optic Enterprise D in my stash and two separate AMT Fibre Optic Kits. again, for my Dotage. And I know now that I shoulda paid extra for the Lighted DS9 kit, instead of the plain one. Coulda, woulda shoulda...

I like the glow of the Warp engine lights in the dark. Nice.

Thanks, total bespoke lighting rig for this one as the guy i built it for could not find a pre made one, learned allot and was happy with the result.

Dan