Bristol Bolingbroke

Barneydhc82

On 1/18/2018 at 2:12 AM, tonyot said:

That looks more like a Blenheim cockpit to me,....but there was a design progression with Bolly cockpits so it could be an early one. As Chris`s pics show, the mid to later Bolly`s did have an instrument pattern which extended across the entire cockpit and the seat padding was seen in some and not others.

Hey Tony,

The early Bollie's had the windows as well.  My guess is early Bolingbroke.

Jim

a063686-v8.jpg

• Like 1

On 24/01/2018 at 8:45 PM, airjiml2 said:

Hey Tony,

The early Bollie's had the windows as well.  My guess is early Bolingbroke.

Jim

a063686-v8.jpg

Hiya Jim,

Yeah I know mate,.....I was generalising and not trying to confuse issues.

Cheers

Tony

16 hours ago, tonyot said:

Hiya Jim,

Cheers

Tony

Hi Both

Tony has helped me before and obviously remembered that I can be thick as a brick. :fool: but, because he's a good guy he persevered for which I'm eternally grateful.

I blundered into THIS which has some good stuff in it go to the download PDF bit I can't link direct. Including another piccie of the Floaty Bolly.

• Like 1

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:58 AM, SleeperService said:

Hi Both

Tony has helped me before and obviously remembered that I can be thick as a brick. :fool: but, because he's a good guy he persevered for which I'm eternally grateful.

I blundered into THIS which has some good stuff in it go to the download PDF bit I can't link direct. Including another piccie of the Floaty Bolly.

Let me try:

http://publications.gc.ca/collections/collection_2008/technomuses/NM97-12-2-9-2007E.pdf

Chris

Edited by dogsbody
  • Thanks 1

On 1/25/2018 at 5:22 PM, tonyot said:

Hiya Jim,

Cheers

Tony

All I do is confuse issues... :)

Jim

21 hours ago, airjiml2 said:

SleeperService,

In case you had not seen it, there is a small walk around of the floating Bollie here:

http://www.ipmscanada.com/ipms/Reference_Photo/RCAF_WWII/RCAF_WWII_Page/Bolingbroke Gallery.html

Jim

They're the best copies I've seen and the rear shot is new to me so Thank you.

That set must have been taken just after conversion as the dorsal fin is missing, presumably that got added after flight trials.