Wing to Wing with Spitfire MH434 (39 images)

Hi Alpha Delta 210,

Going in a Dragon Rapide with a Spitfire beside you must have been a terrific experience, I've no doubt you said thank-you more than once to your family. Thanks for sharing your pics of what must have been a terrific day.

Cheers,

Daniel.

Hi Alpha Delta 210,

Going in a Dragon Rapide with a Spitfire beside you must have been a terrific experience, I've no doubt you said thank-you more than once to your family. Thanks for sharing your pics of what must have been a terrific day.

Cheers,

Daniel.

Hi Daniel. It was indeed a terrific experience. I am pleased you liked the pictures.

There is another company that goes "wing to rotor" over Kent from a Jet Ranger, which doesn't have quite the same appeal to me.

Are you able to do anything similar in Australia?

My absolut dream....

I am a big fan of the british air to air school photography ( E.Brown, Peckham, Adams, Sims, Cullerne....) and a BIG fan of the Spitfire.

Many thanks for sharing.

cheers

Olivier

Hi Olivier

I'm really pleased you liked the pictures - every time I look at them at here, I am reminded of the wonderful experience.

• 3 weeks later...

Just seen this thread after eyeballing your lovely Rapide in RFI.What a fantastic set of photos! We don't often get to see The Beauty in her natural element,at close range-and the pilot's 40's head gear/oxygen mask really made for a historic look and feel. Thanks much for posting...and a belated "happy birthday!" cheers- Dave.

Simply Stunning photos,

I took the kids down to Duxford this year and we watched both these aircraft flying circuits with the lucky passengers on board. I have to say having lunch outside in the sunshine watching and listening to a spitfire flying overhead is something that will stay with me forever. :D

Cheers Pat