HT's 1/72 Sea Fang mk.32

Cheers guys,

Right start we did this weekend.

Cockpit. 4 parts simple as.

Started off with the wheel wells of the wings.

019.jpg

Then some preliminary building, cont prop, cockpit which is 4 parts and intakes.

020.jpg

Cockpit was then painted.

008-1.jpg

Then gun was loaded with hu78 and everything was sprayed.

007-2.jpg

Once dry, the fuselage was closed up. There is a little bit of a gap when dry fitting so a bit of sanding here and there and it was snug with sanding later once dry.

009-1.jpg

As time passed, fuselage was now sturdy and ready for some slight filling and sanding. Then it was time to meet each other. This is without major issue except there is no gap to appy dihedral so a littl sanding of the wing route to create .5mm each side and you have your dihedral curtesy of an eleastic band.

010.jpg

Also at this stage i assembled the tail hook and rudder and cemented this to the fuselage, note the peg, along with the instrument panel srurround and gun sight.

Think she is now ready for some paint.

Looking good there although I suspect the photos don't show how much work went into getting the airframe together.

Looking good there although I suspect the photos don't show how much work went into getting the airframe together.

Surprisingly not that much other than the wing root issue. There is no locating pins but we dont worry about those do we.

• 4 weeks later...

Watching with interest, as I've had my eye on this kit for a while. Not a lot of choice for 1:72 Seafangs...looks like you've got control of this one! The earlier AZ efforts have been hit or miss with me, some are great some not so much.

Cheers,

Bill

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...