3D "art" - Vought VS-322 model - well, the beginnings of one, anyway...

135modeler

Not sure where else this would go! My first attempt at a 3d model that was styled on an actual plan, rather than haphazard conglomerations - in this case the Vought VS-322, a never-built heavy fighter design, powered by a mid mounted R-4360.I think I've caught the general likeness; the nose needs a bit of a stretch and recontouring; learning how to make propellers would undoubtably help matters! Blender is quite powerful, but I've learned about 1/10 of 1 % of what it has to offer.

vs322overall.jpg

Vought VS-322

Looks not bad for a first serious go.

Blender takes a bit of learning but is, as you say, very powerful.

I use it to create virtual "plastic models" to set up compositions for conventional art work. The last two I created led me on to UV mapping and painting the models in Blender . Highly addictive and absorbing . I'm still very much a 3D novice though . :thumbsup:

Military Meshes site has a good tutorial on Blender by Kevjon even though the tutorial refers to a much earlier version of Blender . Getting hard to keep up with the pace of change in that software!

See this thread for an idea of my Blender creations.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234930129-anson-and-hurricane-blender-3d-models/

Edited by NeilF92