Two Step Scratched Canopy Repair

ANovaScotian

Are you tired of having to spend hours and hours of polishing and buffing your canopies and other assorted clear parts back to they're pristine, clear condition after having found a scratch, or made a booboo with your #11 blade or had Tamiya Extra Thin Cement bleed under your careful masking job? Fear your canopy no more, these kind of light damages can be fixed with surprisingly little time, work and profanities.

Step 1: using minimum 2000 grit wet and dry (emphasis on the wet) sandpaper, carefully wet sand away the damaged area to where you have removed the damage

Step 2: with a soft paint brush apply a generous coat of Future to the offending area and your problem should be solved.

Feedback, comments, and tellings off are all welcome

• Like 1

I thought that was the generally accepted way of doing it? I usually dip my canopies rather than brush it on. Future tends to self level in some odd ways when i brush it on.

My partner works in a hardware store and when i showed her my ultra fine polishing paper she was shocked that sandpaper came in such fine grits (i got a 15,000-60,000 grit set)