1/48 Kittyhawk Jaguar MK1/MK3

been working on the cockpit and front wheel bay. I'm really disappointed in the kit, it lacks detail in the cockpit, even with the PE it don't help, and as for a paint guide in the instructions( they call for the wheel wells to be interior green instead of yellow-green) it is almost non-existant so reference photos are a most have.

DSCF4480_zps0739a1ca.jpg

DSCF4482_zps3dd78397.jpg

DSCF4481_zps0f6b5355.jpg

DSCF4483_zpse9a0737f.jpg

OOOPPPs I thought it had already started. OH well it's a good thing that I got disgusted with it so I put it up.

don't you love it when someone gets that excited they can't help themselves!!!

Love the colour scheme choice!!

Looks like a challenge to paint, unless you have masks or decals, will be amazing once complete.

good luck with it.....now keep your hands on the table where everyone can see them! :P

Quite interested in getting one of these kits.

I was looking at your cockpit shots (nice work) - and it shows the upgraded square central display. Appropriate for your era of Jag but all mark 1s (I think) would have had the circular moving map display amongst other noticeable cockpit differences.

Do kittyhawk provide alternative cockpit bits?

Looking forward to this.

Steve

Edited by Fritag

Quite interested in getting one of these kits.

I was looking at your cockpit shots (nice work) - and it shows the upgraded square central display. Appropriate for your era of Jag but all mark 1s (I think) would have had the circular moving map display amongst other noticeable cockpit differences.

Do kittyhawk provide alternative cockpit bits?

Looking forward to this.

Steve

It does have the different cockpit parts for the MK 1

llking - Be careful with the instructions! I'm building out of sequence and the undercarriage build calls for the HUD frame instead of the correct part! The Engines have the compressor and turbine fans labelled wrongly as well.

llking - Be careful with the instructions! I'm building out of sequence and the undercarriage build calls for the HUD frame instead of the correct part! The Engines have the compressor and turbine fans labelled wrongly as well.

I just checked the instructions and the call-outs are correct in mine

• 4 months later...

Im just getting my kittyhawk kit out of the stash for a new years build. Got the neomega resin cockpit (I know its for the airfix kit, but fancy a challenge for extra detail in the cockpit), metal undercarriage..dont know if its worth th eextr cost for the resin airbrake...

Commonly seen weapons loads for Jaguars were 264 gallon tanks on inboard wing pylons with tandem bomb pylon for 2 x 1,000lb on the centre line and outer under wing pylons. Alternatively the centre line would be empty and CBLS 200s would be on the outer pylons. Sidewinders on over wing pylons came later, as did the BOZ107 and Phimat pods on the outer pylons. IIRC the aeroplane could carry a WE177 on the centreline pylon but I've not seen it illustrated. Also 2 and 41 Squadrons carried the EMI reconnaissance pod.