Kinetic 1:48 Kfir C2/C7

This will be my entry to the GB. Kinetic's 1:48 Israeli Kfir (Lion Cub in Hebrew). This will be an OOB build with maybe a resin bang seat but that is all. Kit decals in one of the Israeli three tone schemes. I wont be getting much done on this until I finish my entry for the Helicopter II GB so could be a couple of weeks yet.

9299990716_fc1bc172c6_c.jpg
IMG_3057 by Snapper_city, on Flickr
Edited by snapper_city

• 2 weeks later...

Hi you splendid lot.

I have been using this build as 'a bit on the side' from my AH-6 going on in the Helicopter GB. It is so refreshing to be doing an OOB with not a single piece of etch to be seen. I use the term OOB loosely as I have ordered a Wolfpack Design MB Mk.10 bang seat from LM but that is going to be the only outside influence.

Mostly just been cleaning and assembling parts so far. Munitions, fuel tanks, pit, fuselage, wings, engine nacelles, etc. A large fishing weight has also been glued in the nose. The kit moulding isn't Tamiya and the plastic quite soft but is generally very good. So far I haven't had any fit issues and is proving a delight to build. I need to tackle a few moulding imperfections in the pit tub and walls on the insides of the fuselage then it will be on with the paint.. :thumbsup:

Thinking about going with a selection of Mk.82's & Mk.20's for the loadout. Not fussed about accuracy, just think it will look cool.. :boxing:

9423487149_44f9211a0d_b.jpg
IMG_3075 by Snapper_city, on Flickr
9423486663_dbb7256014_b.jpg
IMG_3073 by Snapper_city, on Flickr
Edited by snapper_city

• 4 weeks later...

Small update. Not really had any modelling time lately and have been having post issues from Lucky Model but the Wolfpack Design Martin Baker Mk.10 bang seats have finally turned up. Hoping to crack on with this in the near future.

Question: My first time working with a resin seat. How far do I sand these down to? I'm guessing down to the base of the seats, not the square base the seats are moulded to.

9606873849_f66165329e_b.jpg
IMG_3098 by Snapper_city, on Flickr

• 3 weeks later...

Small update

I have sprayed the Pit and done about half of the detail work paint wise. No pics yet as I am back at work but will hopefully be cracking back on with this Thursday & Friday.

Giorgio N: I filled it all the way down to the seat base and a mm more as it is taller than the kit seat and want to make sure she fits correctly. The seat is also wider then the pit tub so I have had to file the inner walls back to accommodate this but she now fits rather well.