Special Hobby 1/72 Fairey Barracuda MkII

• 2 weeks later...

With my Hornet build stalled whilst I wait for some paint to be delivered, I decided to make a start on the Barracuda.

The results of a evenings work.

Build01_Barracuda072SpecialHobby_zps663e

Build03_Barracuda072SpecialHobby_zps1e6a

Build07_Barracuda072SpecialHobby_zps0136

Next up is masking the canopy, probably a weeks work in itself, and taking a saw to the wings.

• Like 1

Would love a mask for this, as well as for the fulmar and albacore that I also have in the stash.

An hour or twos work on Thursday saw the canopy masked.

Build09_Barracuda072SpecialHobby_zpse33a

Also took the time to drill and pin the undercarriage legs, don't think they would have lasted long with it.

• Like 1

Good choice, sir and nice start!

I have the MPM kit in the stash and will be watching your progress with interest.

regards,

Martin

Edited by mike romeo

A bit more progress. Fuselage section complete and primed.

Build11_Barracuda072SpecialHobby_zps23db

Build16_Barracuda072SpecialHobby_zps91e6

The point of no return reached as I took the razor saw to the wings.

Build12_Barracuda072SpecialHobby_zpsfed7

The jigsaw pieces are slowly coming together, just a few etch bits still to add.

Build15_Barracuda072SpecialHobby_zps914d

Next step is to break out the airbrush for this and for my F-18 in the Hornet GB.

• 3 weeks later...

nice work so far.

The canopy masking looked like a real pain, ready made masks would have been great. I've only just started using masks and now don't think i'll ever go back!

Nice mod work as well, gotta love the resin!

• 2 weeks later...

Painted using Vallejo Model Air.

Build19_Barracuda072SpecialHobby_zps128a

Started the decal, proving a bit of a struggle as they don't want to bed down, doesn't seem to matter how much setting solution I use.. Came back from work to find the wing roundels had lifted. Apologies for the quality of the photo, the flash reused to work.

Build20_Barracuda072SpecialHobby_zps2f64

Just bought some of the Humbrol Weathering Washes, so I am going to give them ago.

Got to the bit I was dreading, attaching the wings, because of the small mounting points.

Drilled a hole in the tailplane to accept the wing mounted brackets. Was pleasantly surprised to find that when dry fitted, the wings the remained in place. So a couple of dabs of super glue and it was job done.

Build22_Barracuda072SpecialHobby_zps1373

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...