F9F2-P Panther, HOBBY BOSS 1/72 nd scale

Hi everybody,

I've just finished H.B.'s F9F2-P Panther, 1/72 nd scale. A very pleasant kit to put together, almost no sanding paper nor putty were used .

H.B. proposes 2 gloss sea blue painted Panthers from VC-61, the unit that operated thes planes during the Korean conflict, in 1951
bad6ed7ccf1e8f7a7e00f8b0d61477bc.jpg
I chose to represent my model with folded wings and lowered stabilators :
e0f8c9d1c11d26c01102720289e7f0f2.jpg
I added weight in the nose, the seat belts to the seat and the FODs :
c87095fa60f74d712d5b53637dcfde84.jpg
f19c60521c4b78b88c057a78ffab8cb4.jpg
My gloss sea blue was toned down by using semi-gloss acrylic varnish . The decals were "sensitive" and concentration was needed to put them to the right places without deteriorating them .
9421127b99910378345b78f124ca303a.jpg
Personnaly, I think the windshield and the canopy sit too high compared to the pictures of the real planes, but tht's all right, I had a lot of pleasure to put it together an I hope more NAVY planes from that period of time will be released by H.B.

Critics and comments always welcome,

Cheers,

Pierre

• Like 2

Actually, those are lowered elevators - stabilators are single-piece horizontal/stabilizer/elevator. (just for information) :police:

I am no fan of this kit, but you've managed a very nice model from it.

Really nice job ! I agree that this kit is well designed and the fit is excellent, - a refreshing improvement on the old Hasegawa kit. The fairly flat finish is interesting - usually think of these as glossier, but there are lots of fotos of faded Panthers - and some look amazingly worn and weather beaten after some time at sea. I like the extra touch of putting on the boarding step. It will be a challenge to keep that from being knocked off !