Heinkel He-115B Matchbox 1:72

Now that's some astonishing attention to detail - very well done indeed. This really takes me back as I remember being given this as a birthday present when I was 11-12 and that was...well it wasn't recently!

Thanks a lot for sharing that.

Cheers,

Roger

Incredible work, a true inspiration. I have had this kit in my stash for about thirty years. Its steadily moving up the build queue, I have recently aquired the same PE that you have used (Extratech) and the Falcon canopy set. I will be using your post for ideas and inspiration.

Thank you,

Nigel

I might have a go at copying what you have done with the engine mounting, it looks superb. That ladder looks scratch built too, much more refined than the kit offering I think.

it is used:

cabin - EXTRATEH

engine - resin Vector BMW-132

machinegun - Miniworld Mg15.

71_zpsd5ee28ee.jpg72_zpsd9fe6dc0.jpg283_zpsfec77b24.jpg4_zps59b9c174.jpg

ladder

288_zps22c9cbe2.jpg

1213_zps26378c04.jpg

Edited by EXPrompt

I remember when the Matchbox Red Range was announced and that one of the first kits would be a "large German seaplane". I bought the first one I saw but it didn't turn out anything like this - superb modelling.

John

And at mactchbox everything has no alternative :weep:

1:72

Do 18 machbox >>> Revell

He 115 machbox or Frog/Novo >>>> Revell

I collected have Do 18, will show later, built long ago

Edited by EXPrompt

Fantastic work EXPrompt. Very inspiring!!!

I don't have the kit even though its one of my favorites but I do plan to buy it soon!!!! And with your build as an example, I'm sure the result will be great!!!

However, I do have in my stash the Matchbox Do 18, waiting patiently to be build :weep: So please!!! do show us your build!!!!

BTW, Trickydicky210, the etch set you're referring is no longer available. At least from the source that I have found it in the past (www.squadron.com) Perhaps another store still has it. If you find it do tell me because I'm also interested.

Cheers

Sernak

Well DO18 I will hang out the following.

Let's talk about matchbox Do-18 next time...

4_zpsa7c0af18.jpg

Edited by EXPrompt
  • Like 1

That is nothing short of a masterpiece, especially when one considers the rather basic nature of the original kit.

Martin

Considering the craptacularity of what you started with, the result is really amazing, just an outstanding model.

Thanks

masterpiece... masterpiece...

to what these loud formulas

Оn a masterpiece this Pinocchio doesn't pull.

To make from the 115th masterpiece it is necessary to remove half a year shaving.

And here everything is constructed in 2 months.

Heinkel done just fine! You has squeezed out all from it!

Welcome on board, Andrey! If someone does not know, Andrew is the professional modeller, specializes in seaplane of the Second World War. Andrew is the winner of many prizes and awards and etc. in scale modelling.

hello Fuad.

somehow on a "box" without you it became sad

somehow on a "box" without you it became sad

As we know, modelling is not a major job for may be all of us. And we get enough troubles from life. Therefore, we are engaged in modelling making for the sake of the pleasure of seeing the results of our labor. And we share our happiness with each other :). Only. And the "Britmodeller" is most suitable for that - no envy, no jealousy, no cursing... You are welcome!

• Like 1