New Airfix Harrier GR1

SimonR

Children, children, children. On other posts we are actively asking Airfix for particular kits (Beaufighter) in the hope that they are looking in and taking notes. Do we then want Mr Airfix to see us moaning and quibbling about slipping dates? Let us all man up (sorry girls) and accept that this may happen in the real world. The recent new tools have all been met with the utmost acclaim by all, and I for one say "Long may this continue!". It would be so easy for Airfix to re-release old tool kits and still make a mint off those of us with rose tinted glasses (I still want an Anson and B17), but they are committed to producing new tool kits which is something to be applauded, not decried.

Sorry for the rant :fuyou_2: but I want more!

• Like 1

Children, children, children. On other posts we are actively asking Airfix for particular kits (Beaufighter) in the hope that they are looking in and taking notes. Do we then want Mr Airfix to see us moaning and quibbling about slipping dates? Let us all man up (sorry girls) and accept that this may happen in the real world. The recent new tools have all been met with the utmost acclaim by all, and I for one say "Long may this continue!". It would be so easy for Airfix to re-release old tool kits and still make a mint off those of us with rose tinted glasses (I still want an Anson and B17), but they are committed to producing new tool kits which is something to be applauded, not decried.

Sorry for the rant :fuyou_2: but I want more!

I don't want a Beaufighter (yet) I just want my shiny new (old) Harrier.

Not complaining about slippage of dates, just excited that it might well be here THIS WEEK!

• Like 1

Yippee!!! I want one, a bit shocked at the price mind you, I was expecting £7.99 and not £10.99, but that just means I`ll buy one instead of two!

Looking forward to seeing the kit in the flesh,

Cheers

Tony O

The Glorious Twelfth just got even more glorious! After a hard day's grouse shooting and hanging the birds in the pantry, what better way to relax and unwind than with a couple of new tool Airfix Harriers?

Now, where'd I put the 12 bore?

Mark.

Mark, fancy a head to head build race?

Got the new announcement today from Airfix regarding the release of the new Harrier GR.1 kit -- yay!! I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on one. Or ten.

However, I spotted this laugh-out-loud line in the text of the announcement:

This is the first ever plastic-injection moulded kit of the Harrier GR1

Well, "first ever" if you don't count the old releases from Matchbox, Frog/Hasegawa, Lindberg and .. er, oh yeah ... Airfix!! And that's just 1/72 scale. I think there's one or two others in 1/48 scale; not sure about 1/32 or 1/144; and in 1/24 there was ... er, oh yeah ... Airfix!!!

Who writes this stuff??

Sounds like a novel by PG Wodehouse. :smartass:

Well with my mentality I would rather it be summer all year long, but I am an unrealist!

I have never read PG Wodehouse, but I'm sure I have stumbled across acted references! :)

I still think the Lightning should have been released before the Harrier though.

Oh I am impatient! :)

Ordered mine direct from Airfix yesterday.Arrived in post this morning.That is impressive.

Oh how I wish I lived in the UK, rather than all the way Down Under.

Today's Brisbane Winter Weather Report..

Sunny, mild breeze - top of 25 degrees.. Naaa... Forget it !!

got mine direct from airfix turned up yesterday very nice. I was at my local model shop today they had them already could have saved the post but bought another anyway, I am already thinking of how to make US , Spanish and Thia versions.

Regards Glenn.

Edited by cardiff guy

Great, have to get myself on of these now then!

Oh how I wish I lived in the UK, rather than all the way Down Under.

Today's Brisbane Winter Weather Report..
Sunny, mild breeze - top of 25 degrees.. Naaa... Forget it !!

BTW, Lovely weather for cricket ;)

Fancy that !

The only test match that we seemed to be heading for a win and............The good old English Summer comes out to spoil the party???

I think our record is pretty good at the Oval.. bar the 1938 "Hutton" test..

Cheers.. Dave.

Yep Dave, good old English weather, always rely on it doing what you don't want it to do!

Its just not happening for you guys at the minute, I thought you'd cruise to victory on Monday at 150 odd for 2, almost felt sorry for Michael Clarke afterwards!

cheers

Simon

Edited by SimonR

I am already thinking of how to make US , Spanish and Thia versions.

Regards Glenn.

Glenn,

Wait until Airfix announce what decals will be coming with the GR3 boxing, I've a sneaking suspicion we'll see either a late Spanish one (minus the large US style aerial) or a Thai one. If you look at the underneath of the wing across the fuselage, you'll see 2 flashed over holes. One in the location for the GR3 aerial, the other (closer to the forward section) in the same location for an aerial seen on the Thai/Spanish machines. As I can't see the large aerial on the sprue shots of the GR3, I'm inclined to favour the Thai aircraft as an option. Admittedly, for total accuracy a Stencel seat should be fitted, but I don't think that'll put Airfix off providing one of the more unusual operators of this aircraft as a decal option come November.

Mark.