F-86 Sabre Royal Air Force - Hasegawa 1/48

Hasegawa kit with Zoom photo-etched parts from Eduard, decals from Eagle Strike Range; except of them, i built my Sabre straight OOB and i had lot of fun. Paint with Gunze's acrylic H330, H331 and H56 for the blu (i know it's not the right PRU blu, but for me looks right!).

Hope you like it

d8ub.jpg

3f2v.jpg

gvkj.jpg

ynxg.jpg

6l8z.jpg

And now... a couple of Sabres!

ygfr.jpg

thanks for looking

ciao

Ale

• Like 11

Nice one.

I hope you don't mind if I point out a couple of errors? RAF sabres did not have the red line going through the fuselage roundel. Also the zinc chromate colour is not right, this was a green colour as used on US jets.

Looking at colour pics of 112 Sqn jets the code letters do not appear Yellow but white, however that's Eagle Strikes error not yours.

Julien

• Like 1

Nice one.

I hope you don't mind if I point out a couple of errors? RAF sabres did not have the red line going through the fuselage roundel. Also the zinc chromate colour is not right, this was a green colour as used on US jets.

Looking at colour pics of 112 Sqn jets the code letters do not appear Yellow but white, however that's Eagle Strikes error not yours.

Julien

Don't worry! Thanks for the corrections!!

I will pay more attention on my eventuale next RAF Sabre!

ciao

Ale

Hasegawa kit with Zoom photo-etched parts from Eduard, decals from Eagle Strike Range; except of them, i built my Sabre straight OOB and i had lot of fun. Paint with Gunze's acrylic H330, H331 and H56 for the blu (i know it's not the right PRU blu, but for me looks right!).
Hope you like i
thanks for looking
ciao
Ale

Compliments my friend and PM sent your way.

Julien, I picked up a few other points for Ale to work on for his next RAF Sabre. Hasegawa's vague diagram on the pitot tube installation has fooled a lot of folks.

You can't tell by the assembly diagram but the painting instructions have the pitot tube correctly aligned.

That's it for now, good job Ale, I like it !!!!!!

Cheers. Tony

comp very well finished... the only contradiction is this curved pitot tube which was mounted on the wings 6/3 with tilt slats to meet the pattern of deployment of these components. On a wing fences (this model) the pitot tube is right...This does not detract from the beautiful finish of this model

Paul