Saab Viggen

Hi all,

Esci 1/48 Saab Viggen. Back end of the 80's I paid £1.98 at Poundstretcher for the kit and its been stashed for almost 26 years so decided to build it. A tin of paint today cost me £1.60 and the ejector seat £6.

Brian.

9259795681_e8b031e9d8_b.jpg9259792441_909435f4b4_b.jpg9262570604_ae79a9e43f_b.jpg9262571014_e3d8d82f2c_b.jpg9262571436_00214948e7_b.jpg9262571724_fd37612f2c_b.jpg9259794337_5497485792_b.jpg9262572278_899900c6a4_b.jpg9262572670_5052cfe9d7_b.jpg9262573058_9cc7d08078_b.jpg9262573266_c34e4ed7a1_b.jpg9259796035_8ac59dda02_b.jpg9259796279_fc52a634e8_b.jpg9259796527_396cb44815_b.jpg9259796927_447b493e8f_b.jpg9262574724_8ef35cf8d7_b.jpg

• Like 10

That seat got painted quickly,you only bought it last Saturday!!!!

Yes, but Brian has a time dilator. You can tell that because he bought the kit in the late 1980s and yet it's been in his stash for only 16 years. :whistle:

Nice work, by the way, though 'tis a pity about that seam in the jetpipe. They're buggers, aren't they?

• Like 1

Cheers camper1, best seat i ever bought...enjoy the cruise.

cheers sean...yes i waited 26 years for the seat, someone must have known i wanted to build the kit......Yeh the seam, could have airbrushed it out but it now goes into storage so couldn't be bothered.

Sean 26 years in the stash....my goodness time flies! never could do maths...lol.

Brian.

What with this and canberraman's Viggen pictures from Waddington http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234942820-super-saabs-at-waddington/ we are in Viggen heaven! :angel:

Well worth the wait and thank you for sharing Brian. :)

(Although could all you people stop reminding me of all the fascinating aircraft out there, that naturally I'm going to have to build for myself! :P)

• Like 1

As IrritableRabbit said this is a timely model to show after the stunning pictures from Waddington. A really unusual aircraft from a time before canards became de rigueur.

• Like 1

A first-class Viggen here, Brian ! She is expertly crafted and shown off to best advantage in your beautifully posed and lit images, as well.

You certainly got a bargain replica back then and, although she waited a quarter-century for her time in the limelight, it was well worth it.

Mike

• Like 1

-Very good job, thats reminds me I have five VIGGEN , Airfix kits all crammed with Maestro transkits close to my work bench seat;the only effort I have to do is to rise one at work place level.........but I'm building MIGS.........I think I'm not ready for rescribbing all these bunches of plastic........But I swear I won't buy the Tarangus model.......may be....!

• Like 1

Lovely job Brian...I've got a very heavily modified ESCI JA-37, with all the mods about 80% finished but with the news of the Tarangus kit I lost the urge for the final push !

I don't normally care for the Viggen

Martin, Martin, Martin :doh: .......... the finest jet fighter ever built !

• Like 1

Thanks one and all for the kind comments. Re the Viggens visit to Waddington some great photos been posted as well as many others. Unfortunately we missed the display as it was late on in the afternoon...we leave early ish to avoid getting caught up in the traffic chaos.

General....mine was lingering in the box unfinished for lots of years and then i saw some photos of the SAFM machine which inspired me to finish it......so go on.....

Go for that extra 20% it will be worth it!

All the best and thanks again....

Brian.

Great way to avoid doing the splinter camouflage.

It definitely looks very nice.

• Like 1

Cheers Bri, don't blame you for leaving early...I tend to go the other way and stay until virtually everyone else has left and the MP's need to coerce me into getting out !!!, (sadly rank doesn't hold sway with these Johnnies !!), but then again I only live four miles away, though it can still take an age to get home during the mass exodus.

The Viggen was sublime...like the Vulcan though, and for good reason, they can't throw the beast around like they used to, (seeing the JA come in for an amazingly short stop using full reverse, stopping, then reversing up the runway a ways, swinging around and then blasting off in full reheat they way it had just come was always great to watch !!).

It's good to see a Viggen in bare metal for a change, shows the brutal shape off perfectly.

• Like 1

The Viggen is a plane that has never really been on my radar - that was until I saw the display at Waddington -" sublime" is very apt, looked so smooth, stable and buckets of power! Really think you have produced a great looking model and am now definitely motivated to add one to the collection. Sadly it would appear Viggen kits can no longer be had for £1.98!

Kevin

• Like 1