Airfix 1/72 Vickers Valiant cockpit help needed!

Dock_Ru

Hi, everybody!

There is a wish for photos of a cockpit of Vickers Valiant

I started building Vickers Valiant from Airfix 1/72, as always, I began with a cockpit. And if photos of a control panel and chairs of pilots in a network still are, it is few good photos of lateral dashboards of pilots. Absolutely there is no information on a lobby - on flight - a wall of a mate compartment. And it both a ladder, and a door in bombardirny, both a little table any, and the filter for plane escape - da is a lot of that. Crew chairs - the navigator, the goal-scorer, the radio operator - according to available photos and shots from movies - the most general idea are, but too it would be desirable in more detail.
Therefore I ask – whether English friends can resolve my questions, having visited natural Valiant and having finished shooting necessary places? Or suddenly at somebody it already everything lies at home in the computer?

sanguin

At all I don't know, as to tell...
These are all same pictures moved from a site on a site. They already everything are downloaded and watched long ago - but in connection with the low-informational content and lead to emergence of similar posts.
So we continue to wait more actual information.
PS Search of pictures on the Internet I am able to use, in Google it isn't banned

kev67

Hi!

That's just the point that the entrance hatch is planned to open, to put a short flight of stairs, to put pilots and crew.
And nearby on the cart - a bomb.

Igor
My English - translate.ru, I am sorry if that not so

• 5 months later...

Should anyone require any details on the Vickers Valiant aircraft I should be pleased to answer all queries. I have been researching this aircraft for over 35 years and have what is probably the most comprehensive records available, from Blue Boar, Blue Danube, Red Beard, Blue Steel, conventional iron bombs [except the 2,000lbs mine!] for the bomber variants and full details on the E C M [ R C M as was ] P R and the special one off WP214 E C M aircraft.

No offence intended, but the Valiant that dropped the Blue Danube in the Hurricane Tests in Australia was WZ366 and NOT a WP serialed airframe. That airframe was used for the Blue Steel Trials which were a separate issue. Sorry to spoil your day, but congratulations on a brilliant model. Airfix got the plating wrong on the rear fuselage too. When I found out that they were making a model of this aircraft I did contact them but by then things had progressed too far for them to rectify it. I will try to upload my drawings showing the correct plating to illustrate what I mean. my drawings are based on the actual Vickers drawing office plans.

I am unfamiliar with the method of adding images to this site, but I will pmail any details to anyone who can upload them or who like personal copies of same.

Edited by pete608
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

The Keypublishing walkaround shows the lower cockpit to be painted some dark green color.

Airfix suggests Humbrol 88, Matt Deck Green - but, what was the actual, British Standard color?

Best regards,

Pete57

Hi Pete.

That is a very good question and one that has not come up before. I have had many comments reference the Sea Sick Green etc, but I have never been asked about which shade of green it was. Quite honestly I cannot answer your question as I don't know. The aircraft arrived from the manufacturers with the interiors already painted. I did order paint for XD818 when I was restoring her at Marham about a year before she went to Hendon, but I cannot locate the paint order. It has either been "Binned" or lost over the intervening years! I know details of the exterior colours as they were always sprayed onto the aircraft in various places and were quoted as DTD [Director of Traffic Development] numbers. Other locations quoted the manufacturers numbers, such as Titanine ####, which would give the exact colour and tint. The images shown on this site of XD864 of the Rayleigh Collection are very accurate. If you are building the Airfix Kit, then omit the ladder that goes up onto the flight deck from the rear compartment. This NEVER existed. It was a long step up assisted by two grab handles located on the back of the ejection seat guide rails. If you Pmail me I can send you some cockpit details . I cannot seem to add images to this site for some reason or other.

[email protected]

Anyone seeking any Valiant information is welcome to use this address to contact me, or through the Valiants R Us site.