Revell Supermarine Spitfire MK XVI 1/48

Hi all,

My next project as follows and also my first WW2 Aircraft.

Engine bay and engine built and painted:

IMG_1704.jpg

IMG_1702.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg

Cockpit detailed, but not heavily

IMG_1705.jpg

Coming together nicely apart from a few heavy gaps visible, alot of filler needed

IMG_1706.jpg

IMG_1708.jpg

IMG_1711.jpg

IMG_1710.jpg

IMG_1709.jpg

More follows soon

JAMMUR

• Like 1

Hi sorry i've not posted much as far as the build process goes but I have really cracked on with this one. I have filled it, primed it, painted it, sprayed a coat of Klear applied the decals and as you can see they have set nicely into the recess panel lines. Now I have sprayed another coat of Klear over the decals and now once this is dry I will apply the wash. Pretty happy with the outcome so far as it's my first WW2 aircraft. Really enjoyed building this wee beauty.

Thanks for looking

IMG_1717.jpg

IMG_1723.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_1724.jpg

IMG_1726.jpg

IMG_1725.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

Comments welcome

Jammur

• Like 1

Before you put a final varnish on it would be worth seeing if you can lift the walkway lines off the wing roundels, as the walkways never go over the roundels on a Spitfire. It should be easy enough to do with a bit of delicate work using a new scalpel blade to cut through the walkway lines at the boundary of the roundel, then just lift or gently scrape off the offending line.

Before you put a final varnish on it would be worth seeing if you can lift the walkway lines off the wing roundels, as the walkways never go over the roundels on a Spitfire. It should be easy enough to do with a bit of delicate work using a new scalpel blade to cut through the walkway lines at the boundary of the roundel, then just lift or gently scrape off the offending line.

And don't get it filthy-dirty either Jammur.

It's a post-war RAuxAF machine,they were kept priddy shiny.

Edited by Miggers

Exactly what I done.... But thanks for pointing it out. It didn't look quite right so I checked some photos.

Miggers, thank you also I might need to take a tad more off then lol

Jammur

See you lot,I told you the ICM XVI scrubs up well.

Hey, you never had to convince me. All the variations on the ICM kit can be made to come out very nicely, though the later the better as the earliest releases are plagued with the horrendous sinkage. Even the later iterations are prone to it here and there but it's nothing chat can't be dealt with.

Jammur, I am glad you have sidestepped the walkway problem - I'm looking forward to seeing the next steps.

Just a small update but no pics sorry. For me the spit is coming on great, so great infact that I'm adding a few things which I will post in the coming days so keep tuned , I'm sure you will all like it as it matches the model....

Thank you for all your positive input so far

Jammur

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...