Trying to order Stoppel decals

e8n2

This may be a long shot, but does anyone know how to create a new account with Stoppel Hobbies? I have tried several times to order some decals from them using different browsers and it all ends up being the same. Without an account, the order can not be placed. I have searched the site and sent them several e-mails asking how to create a new account, and have yet to receive an answer.

Thanks,

Dave

According to their website: "When you enter your first order here at the new webshop, you therefore have to re-enter your user information and come up with a password, by filling out the personal information form." Appears that you do it as you order.

Steve

According to their website: "When you enter your first order here at the new webshop, you therefore have to re-enter your user information and come up with a password, by filling out the personal information form." Appears that you do it as you order.

Steve

Been there, done that. It always comes up with some unknown error and that is the end of the story. No new account created and no order placed.

Gotta be honest, I can't remember how I created my account, but just logged into it now with no problems. They've always been very good when I've ordered in the past and answered queries straight away. Did you try using their contact link? - http://stoppel.dk/shop/cms-Mail_UK.html. If a few people have had problems creating accounts recently then maybe there's just a problem with that part of the site?

Gotta be honest, I can't remember how I created my account, but just logged into it now with no problems. They've always been very good when I've ordered in the past and answered queries straight away. Did you try using their contact link? - http://stoppel.dk/shop/cms-Mail_UK.html. If a few people have had problems creating accounts recently then maybe there's just a problem with that part of the site?

I can only echo this. I just did a test run and everything was just fine.

Martin

I can only echo this. I just did a test run and everything was just fine.

Martin

I have sent them e-mails through the e-mail link on the site, and copied the e-mail address into my regular e-mail client and have never received any reply. My main browser is Sea Monkey (souped up Netscape 4.7, made by same people as Firefox) and I have also tried through IE. Always comes up with some unknown error. No order able to be placed and no account able to be created. I have never had an account with them before. I've also tried it on at least two different computers with the same result.

Later,

Dave

I would suggest that it will back to old fashioned methods of writing to them or phoning them. I wouldn't worry too much about this as Denmark has a very high level of people who can speak English.

Martin

• 3 years later...
14 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Did it today :)

Did you mention how it is impossible to create a new account on the site?  I still try every so often to see if things have changed, and no luck.  One of these days I may have to call but if I could create an account and order from the website, that would be much preferable.  I don't like the idea of getting up at 4 in the morning to call Denmark.

Later,

Dave

Hi Dave,

I'm not sure what the problem is. I ordered yesterday and accompanied that order with a question, which was answered by Jacob today. I then made a second order online. So far so good :). As far as setting up an account, your first order does that automatically for you.

Good luck!

Martin

And therein lies the rub.  I cannot make a first order without having an account already set up first!  I tried it again after I made my post last night, and it is the same old thing.  A warning dialog box pops up with an exclamation point inside a yellow triangle and an OK button, but NOTHING to say what the problem was.  It is all blank.  I want to do several Danish subjects myself, but without being able to set up an account to make and complete an order, I just can't do it.  At least, not on the web site.

Later,

Dave

Somewhere on the site it says that your account is set up by making an initial order. That's what I did. My second order used the account that was created by the first order. I have to admit that it took some perseverance. 

Martin

I've tried it about a dozen times or more, on multiple web browsers and multiple OSs.  If is always the same thing.  When I am ready to check out, it wants my user ID and password.  I have tried entering information for what I would like to use as a user ID and password, but then that old bugaboo of an empty dialog box screaming who knows what because there is nothing there except OK.  Pressing OK doesn't do a thing except clear the dialog box.  Still no order submitted.  Multiple e-mails sent with no replys at all.  You would have thought by now that somebody would have pointed this out to Stoppel, but nothing changes and I've been trying for over 3 1/2 years now!

Later,

Dave

Last night I tried to place an order again and got the exact same thing from before as seen here:

Stoppel Hang Up

I have deleted some of the information from the form for privacy purposes.  I also just now checked to see it I am using Stoppel.dk or Stoppel-decals.dk.  I am using Stoppel.dk.  Hard to complete an order when you get this and nothing more.

Later,

Dave

Have you tried THIS? It worked for me last year. Be warned that the decal instructions are variable to say the least! You'll need your references to hand.

On stoppel.dk Just a thought but did you click the 'Show without VAT' button next to the currency drop-down before adding to your basket? Some sites will freeze at a VAT-inclusive order destined outside the EU.

20 hours ago, SleeperService said:

Have you tried THIS? It worked for me last year. Be warned that the decal instructions are variable to say the least! You'll need your references to hand.

On stoppel.dk Just a thought but did you click the 'Show without VAT' button next to the currency drop-down before adding to your basket? Some sites will freeze at a VAT-inclusive order destined outside the EU.

I checked the Stoppel-decals.dk site at lunch time before heading to work.  Don't like the idea of snail mail on something like this when it should be able to accomplish on-line.  I always click on the show without VAT, but the results are all the same.  A reply to your PM has been sent.

Later,

Dave

Probably has nothing to do with it, but everyone who has no problems setting up orders is from Europe, and I'm out here in the (former) colonies ;-).  Note that this was going on long before the Trumpster.

Later,

Dave