TV tonight...thurs 13/06/13...its debateable

jetboy

Hi,tv tonight ...channel 4....9.00-10.00...alien abduction?,cannot honestly put this in the sci fi section,cos it hasnt been proved either way,but i think this is more the comical side?.....

cheers Don

hi,col, Think yourself lucky?,i watched the repeat last night,i felt as though i,d been abducted,for two hours,and from what i could garner from the programme,there,s a link between eating take out K.F.C, and being taken,i,ll be staying away from that then...lol.cheers Don

And what's even worse is that the councillor is a modelmaker........

And what was that woman wearing on her head?

:mental:

Graham

Way back before the idea of extra-terrestrial life was first dreamed up, people were already seeing strange lights in the sky and similar. But they explained them as angels and gods. Now we have the cultural idea of aliens, and when people see strange lights in the sky, they explain them as aliens. This means it has to be one of two things.

i) strange lights in the sky exist and, when they can't be explained, we dream up nonsense explanations built round whatever cultural ideas are current at the time.

ii) angels and aliens both exist and manifest themselves as strange lights in the sky, but they work in shifts: angels are off-duty at the moment and aliens are doing the work.

Well, I know which one my money's on. A wise man said on the radio this morning that the U in UFO means unidentified; it doesn't mean alien. Gravity was once unexplained (and arguably still is) - that doesn't mean it's done by aliens.

Well, I know which one my money's on. A wise man said on the radio this morning that the U in UFO means unexplained; it doesn't mean alien. Gravity was once unexplained (and arguably still is) - that doesn't mean it's done by aliens.

I always thought the U in UFO stood for Unidentified. Pedantic I know, but a subtle difference when applied to flying objects that could be, & likely are, things like weather baloons or Chinese Lanterns that don't actually require an explanation...

The people in the program where a bit sad, and it didn't take much to work out they all had potential mental health issues, so it seemed a shame in part for the producers of the program to ridicule them. Bit like those grown up blokes who like to dress up as babies and where nappies etc, if you did that kind of thing why would you want to appear on telly in front of millions! Imagine the funny looks you would get next day at work......

Colin

I always thought the U in UFO stood for Unidentified

It does, and that's what I thought I'd written! Maybe the extra-terrestrial mind control had me in its grip. Editing now ...

• Like 2

And what's even worse is that the councillor is a modelmaker........

And what was that woman wearing on her head?

:mental:

Graham

Same thoughts occurred to me -those two look like the sort who go out and abduct aliens...

Edited by AngstROM