Swearing

Greg B

On 03/01/2021 at 20:53, Mike said:

We just have to be grown up and hold it in.  Imagine there's a 7 year old sat just next to you, and keep the swears in your head :)

Unfortunately too many people these days seem all too happy to unleash their full vocab at their 7 year olds... [further comment redacted as the admins will not be happy with the words I have to describe this kind of individual]

As much as I just have to let out the occasional [redacted] or [redacted] when the carpet monster eats the refueling probe from one of my Vulcans (as it did the other day!), the forum is certainly better without it here. Definitely one of my favourite little corners of the internet away from the general nastiness of other more mainstream sites.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I try my best but even when I had a real seven year old next to me (daughter), I still let fly once in awhile. 

We've all done it, or come close. :shrug:  We're human and fallibility comes with the grab-bag of our other less desirable traits.  It's the members that should know better but have clearly made several attempts to avoid the automatic swears remover that are the worst.  Do they really need to swear that badly that they'll waste minutes trying? :fraidnot: For those people, we can see your edits so it's not worth the effort of trying, or denying it. :ninja:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Read all the comments on this thread.       More than enough of them but interesting reading all the for and against comments.

There is a place for everything.     But swearing either openly or in a veiled manner to get around the system on an open forum like this is not the place.

When things go wrong in my workshop, the expletives I use are unrepeatable! But I would not even be tempted to use any of them on here as I would probably get a lifetime ban!

• Like 1