Kamov Ka-50 Hokum

Cool. :) Thought I had one of these, but can't see it in the stash, so I must have imagined it :hypnotised: I seem to have a minor thing for Russki egg-beaters at the moment, so shall watch with interest and awe ;)

This sould may a very interesting model. I just finished the Airfix Ka 25 and have also made a Hind so have an affection for Russian helicopters, they are certinly quirky.

Nigel

I got 90% though one of these, got called away for something and the sun cooked my main rotor head :(

9iMu_65cOsQ_GCev7_aHiFayJYuCSjA3cSBuetkD

Keep an eye on the cockpit glazing fitment - As you can see in my build, I didn't and it's actually slightly too small and needs some milliput or similar to sort. Wing roots can be a bit troublesome as well but otherwise it goes together really nicely.

• Like 1

I got 90% though one of these, got called away for something and the sun cooked my main rotor head :(

Keep an eye on the cockpit glazing fitment - As you can see in my build, I didn't and it's actually slightly too small and needs some milliput or similar to sort. Wing roots can be a bit troublesome as well but otherwise it goes together really nicely.

Thanks for the heads up Breaker, what you have left looks good, have you tried getting the bits to finish it?..........Smudge

Thanks for the heads up Breaker, what you have left looks good, have you tried getting the bits to finish it?..........Smudge

Tempted to get another kit and treat it to some resin! I rushed the cockpit and just sprayed the whole thing black without an EJ seat fitted (First model back after a 5 year break), the sun cooked the rotor head and also the front carriage.

The above airframe has been relegated to the shelf of doom - If you need any bits off it for whatever reason, let me know and I'll stick them in the post.

Would you believe it? I had a dream last night, and I had three of these kits on the shelf :mental:

C'mon Smudge - where's the progress? :tease:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh well, no need to wait to see who'll build the best heli in the group build - Smudge is building it........

Get outa here Dave! Any more of that sort of talk and I won't be able to get me hat on........

I'm going to be a late starter with this one as I have just started voluntary work at British Heart Foundation furniture shop in Yeovil and I have been completely shattered in the evenings, hoping to make a start this weekend..........

Smudge