Trumpeter King Tiger

congratulations Matt

As usual, superb precision work

small object that you added are really useful for more realism.

You mastered very well the paint, which causes me to be jealous.

I see you've fallen for the PZ IV ausf H

. I received mine tomorrow :) But still some months or year before began to build.

Thank you for this wonderful post

Eric

Edited by vfripouille
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Lord above!

I've been shadowing the build for a while but haven't commented as theres nothing I can say that hasn't already been said.

Seriously though this is inspiring stuff, the finished article will be something serious to behold. Priceless too! That kind of workmanship just doesn't come easily.

Have you thought about donating it? I'm sure the folks down at Bovington would give it pride of place, It is after all 100% museum quality!

This post will go down in BM history I reckon.

Best regards,

Ben.

• Like 1

Hi Matt,

your KT is looking really good, I'm eager to see how the rest of your external painting and detailing goes.

I've finished my KT for now..... I've uploaded only a few pics on my thread. I'll post more when time permits.

Best of luck

Phil

• Like 2

Thanks very much for the kind comments chaps. Just got back from holiday so hopefully I will be getting going again this week :thumbsup:

Have you thought about donating it? I'm sure the folks down at Bovington would give it pride of place, It is after all 100% museum quality!

I'd be pretty chuffed if someone approached me to display it! I'd certainly consider it, although after spending so long on it, I think i'd miss it ha ha :mental:

• Like 2

Stunning work as usual Matt. Hope you had a good holiday.

I do have a question that you, or someone here can possibly help with. I've got to the stage of putting some lines in that are made of the rubber like material. My question is what is the best adhesive to use?

Thanks chaps

Stunning work as usual Matt. Hope you had a good holiday.

I do have a question that you, or someone here can possibly help with. I've got to the stage of putting some lines in that are made of the rubber like material. My question is what is the best adhesive to use?

I ended up using loctite super glue on the rubber hoses. Normal glue seems to have no effect on them. I replaced as many of them as possible with scratch built items as working with them was such a pain :wall: No sure what possessed Trumpeter to provide these parts in rubber!

Cheers

Matt

Can I just add to the chorus? :clap2: Superb - I know how big it is as I've got a 1:16 RC chugger that I keep meaning to detail up, but the detail on the innards is exceptional :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Finally got back to working on this. Construction is now pretty much complete.

The rear deck complete, Aber aeriel added and the tow cable built

9E79C6FE-A96E-4C73-841A-317E1FFFCCAB.jpg

Muzzle brake complete

3BE5C1B4-EA5C-428B-BD4C-F10558ECF029.jpg

Gun mantlet was given some cast texture with mr surfacer

44487C86-3062-4A07-BC5A-623DB61B8022.jpg

Tow shackles and the joining strips for the fenders were added. I've added some light damage to the fenders but may revise this before painting

F7D6C97B-A69A-4E80-A55C-B2099F51F547.jpg

Finally, everything was disassembled, cleaned and masked up, ready for paint.

9B4B8752-E2F8-4F80-9F27-D4FEE6C404E7.jpg

I'm hoping to get the first primer coats on tonight :D

Sorry about the photos, had to use my phone.

Cheers

Matt 

• Like 10

Thanks for all the comments and encouragement chaps. Really hoping to make significant progress this week. :thumbsup2:

I'm aiming to get the main camo on the hull, turret and gun done over the next couple of days. Wheels and tracks will come later. I've given it a black base coat first which went on last night, hoping to get the dark yellow on tonight. I'm just praying that I did a solid masking job!  

Update from last night's work. Here is the hull in black primer.

ADF503F5-ECA1-4711-9F40-1EC231436CC9.jpg

After a couple of coats of Tamiya dark yellow

AE7B2AD8-B247-4E01-8455-682F04185F39.jpg

E1048623-87BF-4219-8827-9FE86F2A606A.jpg

Turret and other parts were also given a good coating of dark yellow

3DE2CBCE-39E9-4AE4-A021-612975F32454.jpg

Aber's muzzle brake looks very nice under a coat of paint :D

665C4559-7F23-43B0-9CC5-B4E1A860A74C.jpg

Painting is going well at the moment but the size of this thing makes it a handful to paint. I'm using Tamiya acrylics for the exterior as they dry quickly to a hard finish. Not sure how well Vallejo would stand up to the amount of handling required. I will be lightening the dark yellow tonight by adding some buff and white to the mix. Hoping to also get the masking for the camo done and the first coats of red brown on.

Cheers

Matt 

• Like 6