Dragon 1/144 EA-18G Growler, F-18 E and F-18 F - **FINISHED**

Trying to get at least 2 of these done, possibly 3. I've given up on the Tomcatters version as I have ran out of red paint. Typically you only find out, once you need it the most. Anyhow, piccies of where I am.

d2wz.jpg

Here's the line up, getting there slowly.

5hlm.jpg

The Gunslingers and the Tomcatters examples.

88zi.jpg

The Swordsmen F model and the Shadowhawks G model. All glossed up.

9i8i.jpg

Closer up version of Growler, need to sort out where the gun nozzle is as the Growler does not have any gun in it.

j6vf.jpg

Close up of the Gunslingers version. Not much to see here...

5piy.jpg

The Tomcatters version. I need to sort something out for the red stripe tho. Least Revell had a decal for that bit... so close to finishing it!!

thui.jpg

Here is the one I am actually in danger of finishing for the deadline. Took me a while to get the right shade of blue. My mixing skills tested there.

8dmh.jpg

The other side, the Jasmine Decals are pretty good, the tailplane decals nearly made me cry. But they where alright on the night. However I think that the stars and bars are a little over-sized. Not too sure on the VFA-32 sword either... of course I have no yellow either to tidy up that horizontal stabilizer either... typical.

Really hoping to get some of these done for Sunday night.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Well I am still fighting these little sweethearts. I've given up on the Tomcatters and Gunslingers for the time being. All of my effort and time is going into the Shadowhawks and Swordsmen examples. All I have gotta do now, is attach the langing gear, fueltanks/ecm pods and varnish and done! This will be close...

cy7m.jpg

The only thing I hate about Dragon kits is the lack of any stencils, however given the time restraint today, I am bloody thankful! :) I can also confirm for anyone who wants to know, that every decal is readable. :)

tgw8.jpg

Otherside, bit blury...

m0z4.jpg

Now this little sweetheart... what a nightmare! I've been wondering for a while why the decals where not fitting correctly. I thought it was me, nope... its the fact the decals are oversized... all of them. They appear to be the same scale as the placement drawing that comes with the decals. The drawings appear to be more 1/100 than 1/144. I've tried my best, you can not read the pilot/co-pilots names.

n99o.jpg

Otherise... wooooooooo

ijmd.jpg

Both together, still fighting these two, but now I need sleep.

Kind regards

Dazz

• Like 1

Thank you Nimrod, you'll be pleased to know that I've finished them. Got them done before I had to go to work! They are sitting at home all done and tanked up. Ill post pictures up when I get home tonight :) thank god I got at least 2 done...

Kind Regards

Dazz

As promised, I have finished work and taken pictures of the two bugs. I'm not happy with the canopys tho, one has cracked (they are *REALLY* thin) and the other has lots of blemishes over it, it's not varnish as there is no paint on it... I dunno... live and learn.

dpu9.jpg

vwvx.jpg

cxwf.jpg

al0x.jpg

b3kv.jpg

Thank you one and all for staying with me throughout this GB. Hopefully I wont get caught out in the others. On to the Apache now. :)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Thank you Neal, Think I will be making these two again in due course and see if I can improve upon them. The cockpit is the first bit I would improve tho. Has this build inspired you to buy a Dragon kit at all? ;)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Thank you Neal, Think I will be making these two again in due course and see if I can improve upon them. The cockpit is the first bit I would improve tho. Has this build inspired you to buy a Dragon kit at all? ;)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

The dragon tomcat I'm wrestling with doesn't fill me with confidence, but your done a great job on kits that look anything but straight forward, so maybe. . . . (Although the ordnance is very tempting)

Looking really nice there!

I'm starting to think 1/144 is an awfully underestimated scale.

There are other scales? Edited by Neal

The dragon tomcat I'm wrestling with doesn't fill me with confidence, but your done a great job on kits that look anything but straight forward, so maybe. . . . (Although the ordnance is very tempting)

Yeah I know what you mean, I wasn't impressed with the Tomcat, Intruder, F-5, the Harrier, F-15's or the F-16's. However, the decals and the ordinance make it worth the price. Also helps to have a few throwaway models to test new things on. Thankfully Retrowings make lots of bits to improve them too :D. Ill be starting an EA-6 Prowler and Seahawk soon. :)

Thank you Wellzy, glad you liked them :)

Is there other scales??? Blah... Ill stick with my little jets ;)

Kind Regards

Dazz

• Like 1