Has Amelia Earhart’s plane finally been found?

hacker

There's a discussion about this on another forum I frequent (yes, I know it's sacrilege to go anywhere other than BM...I beg forgiveness and will buy 20 new aircraft books as penance!) 

To be honest, it's hard to tell that we're even looking at Caucasians, while the seated person could be either male or female.  To add to the confusion, the ship identified as the Koshu Maru in the "Earhart" photo has significant differences from other photos of the same vessel, notably the location of the aft mast while the "aircraft" being "towed behind the Koshu Maru" could be anything from another vessel to a tarp over some cargo . 

Frankly, I think people are seeing what they want to see...and I have 20 years' experience as an image analyst.  I wouldn't make the calls that the "experts" have made on this grainy image.

• Like 1

Channel 5 type space filling stuff. Its like nessy, never find a decent picture, Its a white woman in the fashion of the day, could be a Bugis Street Kai Tai and just a bloke with a hairline that was 30s fashion. Both looking a bit clean after a ditching...One could be the Karate Kid's Gurru Mr Miyagi

Nessy is disguised as a tramp steamer...Big surprise a TV programme to fill the airwaves.

My money is  on it being a Kai Tai !