F/A-18B RAAF, 1:144 Revell + resin - update 4-7

Has your cockpit turned up yet? So annoying when you can't get on with a build because of one or two parts. :(

Unfortunately not, but I've so much non-modelling stuff going on at the moment I think have all the parts sat there ready and waiting would be more frustrating. The ozmods parts have arrived, the tanks and pylons look good as do the bomb carriers but they'll have to wait for another build.

Great work on the FOD covers Neal, progressing well.

Cheers John, progress will probably halt for a week or two now.

Still don't know how you work in 1/144 :lol:

Looks well mate.

Dave

Thanks Dave, I'd love to see you have a crack at a revell 1:144 tomcat to go with your 1:48 builds.

Thanks Dave, I'd love to see you have a crack at a revell 1:144 tomcat to go with your 1:48 builds.

I second that idea! :D Shame you can't do a STGB at a single scale, bet that would be fun :)

Anyhow... love the FOD covers Neal, might have to "borrow" (ie steal) that idea on a future model. Shame about the cockpit being late, been joying this build (and many others) upto this point.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Minor update and nothing worthy of a picture. I've thinned the UC doors down by about half to they're a bit closer in scale, the fronts are a bit fragile now though so they definatley handle with care. I looked at adding some of the small actuators to the main UC but decided against it for the moment as they look ok really and should be fine when painted up and given a wash. The rest of the evening I've spent painting the wheels, UC and bays white, I usually make a right hash of painting white but I thinned the paint quite a bit this time and did 4 very thin coats rather than rush to try and do it in 1 or 2. Maybe being forced into doing these tedious and boring bits at the start is a better way to proceed?

I've dropped a note to retrowings to see where the cockpit is as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the UC finished tonight. Blimey I hate painting wheels and tyres, these were especially awkward as there was very little lip around the wheel. Anyway painted, washed and dry brushed.

I've also painted the arrestor hook and started to tidy up the resin tanks.

photo-1086.jpg

Not sure if the wash is a bit too heavy?

Edited by Neal

• 1 month later...

To state the blindingly obvious progress has been non-existant mainly due to lack of time. Although I have the time next week to make some real progress I've had some discussion with retrowings as they've not got the the cockpit in stock from their suppliers, I could press on with the kit parts but I'm keen to wait for the cockpit, so looks like this will not get finished for the end if the GB.

Neal, I've got lots of Retrowings stuff at home. Ill check to see if I have the cockpit and ill send if so.

Kind Regards

Dazz

Edit... Sorry mate it's the control surfaces upgrade I have, not the cockpit. Did Domi have an ETA for the cockpits?? I received some very good customer service from Domi this week. I nearly own all of his 1/144 stuff now :P

Edited by Dazzio