Official RAF Tucano Solo Display 2013 Print

AjD

Hi!

Finally got this finished last week. I think the upload affects the colours a bit so I've done my best to get it displaying correctly but you get the idea...

13-033TucanoDisplayPrint2013_webRGB_zpsb

The official blurb...

The Royal Air Force 2013 Tucano Display aircraft is ZF239 based at RAF Linton–on-Ouse in North Yorkshire and will this season be flown by Flt Lt Andrew Fyvie-Rae, supported by Display Manager, Flt Lt Dave Kirby. The display this year is provided by 72 (Reserve) Squadron, which trains future fast jet aircrew for the Royal Air Force and Royal Navy under the banner of No.1 Flying Training School and ZF239 has been painted to honour the Spitfires of 72 Squadron which fought in the 1943 Mediterranean campaign during World War II. In 2013 the team flies in support of the Royal Air Forces Association, the Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund, Candlelighters Trust and Leonard Cheshire Disability and all fundraising proceeds will be passed on to these charities.

The official print will be available to buy from early June and will be launched at the RAF Cosford Air Show on 9th June 2013.

Prints can be ordered via the team's website at:
www.raf.mod.uk/tucanodisplayteam

Only unsigned prints will be available via mail order, priced at £5 (plus £5 P&P).

The entire range of merchandise, including signed prints will be available to buy from the Tucano Display Team stand at selected air shows throughout the 2013 season and a full listing of scheduled displays can be found on the team's website.

Thank you for supporting the 2013 Tucano Solo Display.

Print & Artwork Copyright A J Donovan, 2013

Edited by AjD

Very nice, I like that. pretty keen to model one of these, hoping I can do it with the kit stencils & underwing roundels & some AM generic decals for the rest. Its a stunning scheme & your artwork captures it really well to my eye.

Steve.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Thought I would post this in case anyone cares...! There was some interest in the spare aircraft from 2013 when the main print was released last year so as the plan is to use ZF264 for a few displays and practices this season also, a very small number of these have been printed along with the 2014 prints.

Hope you like it.

14-004TucanoDisplaySparePrint2013_web_zp

Andy

• Like 1