Akagi Rei-sen (on the carrier).-wip 1.

Hi all!
After the relaxing 'Pete resting on the beach'project, my next work is going to be about Takashi Hirano's A6M2 Zero.Actually is going to be a double project, the first showing Hirano's Zero aboard the Akagi carrier some time before December 7th. The inspiration came from this photo..
0122_zps194fb370.jpg
The diorama will show the Zero next to the carrier's island while sailors will be putting the futon mattresses on the bridge..It's going to be quite a demanding task since my intention is to scratchbuild the whole bridge and the part of the deck that the Zero is going to be standing..
The second project which will come after or maybe parallel to this one will depict the same Hirano's aeroplane crashed just outside Fort Kamehameha..This was the first Japanese loss of aircraft durind the Pearl Harbor attack.More about this second project in due time..
Well, for a start, I've finished the 1/48 Hasegawa cockpit adding a lot of stuff to make it more realistic..After finishing the cockpit I riveted all the surfaces of the model..
That is all for now..See you soon!
Cheers,
Panos.
0062_zpsf68855b0.jpg

014_zps20b7bb21.jpg

477_zps5c16b376.jpg

498_zps4b9f8deb.jpg

513_zps20ae239d.jpg

530_zpsd4c6ed97.jpg

467_zps84f2eebb.jpg

Edited by Panos
  • Like 5

Fantastic work, really beautiful. Would be nice to have some details, so we could understand how you achieved that finish......

It's a matter of brightening and darkening the base color in a kind of mottling effect. Also a well thinned wash certainly gives a depth to all the parts..This of course needs patience and persistence to get everything right!

Thank you for your comments guys! :speak_cool:

Be careful of the wing to fuselage joint; my friend Terry has the A6M5 in the works and he had some "issues". He eventually had to add a spreader inside the fuselage and had gaps where the trailing edge of the lower wing mated to the lower rear fuselage. Everything was going just dandy until wing-fuselage mate.

it seems the "Passive-Aggressive" tradition of Hasegawa kits continues.

-d-

...have built Hasegawa's A6M5 (1:48) and didn't have any issues at all. Certainly nothing that required a spreader.

But even so, I doubt that this would deter master modeller Mr Panagiotis in any way...

Jeffrey

Be careful of the wing to fuselage joint; my friend Terry has the A6M5 in the works and he had some "issues". He eventually had to add a spreader inside the fuselage and had gaps where the trailing edge of the lower wing mated to the lower rear fuselage. Everything was going just dandy until wing-fuselage mate.

it seems the "Passive-Aggressive" tradition of Hasegawa kits continues.

-d-

...have built Hasegawa's A6M5 (1:48) and didn't have any issues at all. Certainly nothing that required a spreader.

Jeffrey

The ''issue'' in my kit was in that wheel bay area..

079_zps604c935b.jpg

I really don't know what Hasegawa had in mind in that case.. :chair:

I would like to thank you all for your comments!!

BTW, I should add that I've also completed two IJNAF projects, the first about a battle damaged Mitsubishi Betty and a second about a Nakajima Myrt in a hangar..I'll search the forum and if I find neither, I will post photos of both dioramas..

Kind regards,

Panos.

I really appreciate your comments about my work! See you soon!

Here I am then! :winkgrin:

I went on with Hirano Takashi's Zero..I improved the wheel covers using aluminum sheet..In the 3d wip the Zero-sen will be shown finished..One thing I learned just in time is that Mitsubishi A6m2s used in Pearl Harbor had no aotake under the base coat!..
Cheers,
Panos.
007_zps47f00d34.jpg
025_zps4647e7f0.jpg
031_zpsc72c20cf.jpg
The mistake I referred to above shown in the next two photos..
064_zpsea8a0816.jpg
077_zpse08d213b.jpg
081_zps7dfab440.jpg
023_zps4fec1162.jpg
028_zps860a7456.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all!
The 1/48 Hasegawa A6M2 model is finally done so I'd like to show you the last photos..However, the real challenge in my project is now starting.Scratchbuilding the Akagi island and the deck around is what I'll try to do! Let's hope everything will turn out good!
Cheers,
Panos.

PanosAkagi10_zpse36379dc.jpg

PanosAkagi11_zps65e1b834.jpg

PanosAkagi8_zps3b21eb29.jpg

PanosAkagi9_zps2a839e14.jpg

PanosAkagi71_zpsc2acda95.jpg

PanosAkagi3_zps9a48feb3.jpg

PanosAkagi4_zps93430634.jpg

• Like 5