- B58 HUSTLER

Stop taking photo's of real aircraft and then saying its a model, thats cheating... Oh, wait... It is a model!

Anyone know a good cross stitch forum, i just gave up modelling!

Truly amazing!

• 3 years later...

I'm a newer member and just saw this! AMAZING!! I particularly like the first and the sunset photos! I also like the striped effect from burnishing the centers of the panels. Very prototypical!  Did you use the cockpits and intakes from Lone Star Models? I have the cockpit set but may spring for the intakes and exhausts as well because my next B-58 will probably be my last one.

• Like 2

My guess was that he did use the Lone Star cockpit, but not 100% sure. Paul was famous for his amazing brush painting skills and this model was done with classic Rub'n'Buff paste.

Sadly, Paul passed away a while ago, a great talent and a great loss.

J

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OshkoshJosh said:

I'm a newer member and just saw this! AMAZING!! I particularly like the first and the sunset photos! I also like the striped effect from burnishing the centers of the panels. Very prototypical!  Did you use the cockpits and intakes from Lone Star Models? I have the cockpit set but may spring for the intakes and exhausts as well because my next B-58 will probably be my last one.

- Hi Josh

- Paul was a good friend of mine and I knew him rather well.He was a true artist,using only brushes and his fingers and old brushes for the Rub'n Buff......He also used oil paint to obtain some particular effects and made large use of Tamiya weathering sets, he was a good photographer too. I don't think he ever used any AM transkits, I'm almost sure he didn't, his cockpits were pieces of jewelry.

- Thank you for digging out his model opening the way for remembrance of this good guy who was my friend ......

-. He posted on BM around the years 2012/2013 .I think you may easily find some of his stunning models

• Like 1

Wow.  That is really something special.  My first thought was that photos 1 and 2 were the real thing that you'd based your build on.  A really superb natural metal finish and great photography.  If only I could get my EE Lightning's finishes like this, sob. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Four Starfighters in close formation ;)... Very nice :)

Martin

- Do you mean this ? All Paul's model were in 1/32

r4g4jy%201_zpsnom5p09m.jpg

19_34_zps5xjasutg.jpg

03_41_zps4oxlncq4.jpg

14_76_zpsd3m7lhle.jpg

14_67_zpsn2dw5zvm.jpg

19_45_zpsjctwaxyg.jpg

- I  Do insist, these models are NOT mine but those of my passed friend Mr Paul COUDEYRETTE ,  these photos are posted only to show  skill of this man 

• Like 1