Australian Infantry WWII - 1:72 Revell

Paul A H

Australian Infantry WWII

1:72 Revell

austinfboxtop.jpg

When this set of figures arrived from BMHQ, I assumed that it was a re-released and re-packaged version of Matchbox's ANZAC figure set. Given that Revell have re-released a number of Matchbox figure sets in recent years, I thought it was a reasonable assumption to make. I was wrong, however, as these figures are Revell's own work and date back to 1990. Included are 49 figures in a variety of poses and three display bases. The moulds seem to be in a fair condition, but a little flash is present here and there. The figures are all moulded as single pieces, complete with weapons and equipment. All that has to be done to get the soft plastic figures ready for painting is to snip them from the sprue and clean up the mould seams and flash. Having said that, Revell do recommend that you clean them with soapy water prior to painting in order to improve paint adhesion.

austinf1.jpg

austinf2.jpg

The figures are nicely sculpted and feature a reasonable amount of detail. The only criticism I have is that the folds in the fabric of their uniforms is a little overdone. As with the other sets in this range, a variety of poses are provided including figures that are in the prone position, crouching, running and firing weapons of various types. The usual variety of weapons is provided including a couple of machine gun crews.

Conclusion

This is another decent set of figures from Revell. Whilst they might not be up there with the best in the scale, they are cheap as chips and could be used to fill out a nice small scale diorama.

Revell model kits are available from all good toy and model retailers. For further information visit logo-revell-2009.gif