Hobbyboss F-14A Tomcat, VF-41

She looks really good built up! Might have to give one of these HB kits a crack.

Can't wait to see it with paint on. But I know what you mean with white, I've only tried to do it a couple of times and now I avoid it like the plague!

The biggest thing I struggle with is actually know where I'd put paint down, could just about see a thin coat going on the, wham, it pooled and blew all over the place as I'd put too much down in one place and flooded it. :banghead:

a little bit better... brush painted (must say there arent too many streaks)... a little touch up needed from the black (yet again my masking skills are shown to be be rubbish) and then on to KLEAR and decal

IMG_3544_zpsb0bc1601.jpg

IMG_3543_zps6316028e.jpg

the end is nigh... so the saying goes. All the major decals on, must admit the Hobby Boss kit decals really went on nicely. Next off the millions of "no step" decals, markings on the weapons and then add the gear doors, pylons, weapons, pitot on the nose... matt coat and then she is done - not going to weather this one as, to be quite frank, my heart has moved away form aircraft......

IMG_3560_zpsf695f5ad.jpg

IMG_3561_zpscf7a80f2.jpg

another 2 hours of decalling, 2 drop tanks and 4 missiles complete and now on to the 4 bigger missiles (AIM-54?) that have 20 decals each (thats just the stripes - dont understand the instructions for the lettering so probably will leave these off.... is that lazy???)

more work tonight I hope - just plugging away at the decals - now i know why tanks are much more fun - 5 decals max ;-)

(EDIT - that takes total decalling time up to ~7 hours)

Edited by robw_uk

another ~3 hours of decalling and its done... weapons mounted on body, fuel tanks on, wheel doors... just the 2 pylons, weapons and wheels to go... should be finished tomorrow.... currently glossy so guess i will need to matt it down too...