1/48 Supermarine Scimitar F-1

Hello

The Supermarine Scimitar of Dynavector is my first Vacu-kit and temporarily the last. Built out of the box, Pavla Resin ejection seat and colors from Gunze.

DSC00604_zps3395ae16.jpg

DSC00596_zpse36d263d.jpgDSC00594_zpsba7a4ab5.jpgDSC00592_zps8362339e.jpgDSC00598_zps1fc5808a.jpg

Thank you for looking and regards

Martin

• Like 24

A nice example of what can be achievedwith a vac-formed kit. For the less adventurous of us, I wonder how long it will be before a mainstream manufactuerer gives us a 1/48 Scimitar?

Apparently some American person once commented that only the British would produce an aircraft that was so powerful, yet not supersonic. Yeah, we're a bit weird like that. Looks good, though.

• Like 1

Looks great, never having built a vacform it sounds like black magic to me but what a result.

Never having seen one in real life I didn't realise they were so big until I saw your last picture of it beside a Toom!

Duncan B

Outstanding build, very much looks the biz. This is one of those first generation jets that just spurs the imagination to beyond allowable limits.

Congratulations, I do hope it will not be your last as from the first pic I thought it was an injection kit you had built. Splendid work and I take my hat off to you if that's your first attempt at vac-formed modelling. One point if I may and it's not a criticism just my point of view, I think the finish should be more glossy.

Colin

Hi

Thank you all for your comments. Why not add more vacus? After the cutting and sanding saw my workplace looked like after snowstorm and Dynavector writes, it is a very easy essembly Vacu. Not for me! :shrug:I'll stick with Tamiya, Hasegawa and Classic Airframes. :fool:

Colin, you're right. A little more gloss would be better.

Happy modeling

Martin

Hi

Thank you all for your comments. Why not add more vacus? After the cutting and sanding saw my workplace looked like after snowstorm and Dynavector writes, it is a very easy essembly Vacu. Not for me! :shrug: I'll stick with Tamiya, Hasegawa and Classic Airframes. :fool:

Colin, you're right. A little more gloss would be better.

Happy modeling

Martin.

Hi Martin,

Regardless of whether you do another vacform or not, that's well done indeed. I've the main airframe components together on mine and I hope it comes out almost as nice as yours.

Joseph

Edited by JosephLalor