Savoia Marchetti S.M. 79 Sparviero Italeri 1/72

After seeing the excellent Fuad's Sparviero shown recently, I have decided to show you mine.It was finished two years ago. Model is made ​​OOB, with the exception of the antennas. Painted with Gunze and Alclad. Hope you like friends.
Regards
Fernando

DSCN4841.jpg

DSCN4859.jpg

DSCN4862.jpg

DSCN4858.jpg

DSCN4857.jpg

DSCN4856.jpg

DSCN4855.jpg

DSCN4854.jpg

DSCN4851.jpg

DSCN4848.jpg

DSCN4847.jpg

DSCN4844.jpg

DSCN4843.jpg

DSCN4842.jpg

DSCN4865.jpg

Edited by Myrsky
  • Like 42
  • Thanks 1

What a beauty!

Absolutely fantastic model, the camouflage is spot on, and the weathering is nicely done too :goodjob:

Excellent colored. I love it.

I did not hang a torpedo, because it's suspension did not meet with overall smart level of the model.

Lovely stuff, what did you use for the rigging and how did you get your mottling so neat? No overspray at all, very impressive.

Duncan B

Lovely stuff indeed. As Duncan said, what did you use for the rigging and how did you get such a neat spray job?

Buscaglia paint scheme is really too nice.

absolutely welldone the camo, considering the small scale. very very nice.

Lovely stuff, what did you use for the rigging and how did you get your mottling so neat? No overspray at all, very impressive.

Duncan B

No secrets here. Rigging was made by lycra thread obtained ​​from a pair of old executive socks . The junctions of the wires of the tail were made with diluted putty.

And the paintint was applied with very dilute paint, low-pressure ... and tons of patience ..

Thank you very much to all.

• Like 1

No secrets here. Rigging was made by lycra thread obtained ​​from a pair of old executive socks . The junctions of the wires of the tail were made with diluted putty.

And the paintint was applied with very dilute paint, low-pressure ... and tons of patience ..

Thank you very much to all.

Very dilute paint, low pressure, lots of patience and quite a bit of skill too I would say. I usually have another added ingredient which is lots of unwanted overspray!

Duncan B

Very Well done. I especially like the way you've painted the exhaust collector rings. Could you please tell me your method and paints used?

Chris

Edited by dogsbody