1/32 - North American T-6 Texan/SNJ Harvard by Kitty Hawk - released - new boxing

Homebee

Hmmm.

Wonder if it will have early and late canopy framing? Built the Monogram Texan as a French sharkmouth many years ago, would be nice in a bigger scale. Lots of realy nice non US schemes for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Dream come true, now I can do a great SAAF one or maybe a few....................., oh how great these were back in my childhood and youger years watching these at airshows and flying about in SA.

I really do hope that the kits are and have everything in proportion and in the correct places, but it does look good and hopeful from the images posted.

Ali

what's with the scalloped trailing edge on the wing centre section? That's definitely not a feature of the T-6G/Harvard IV. And I'm, speaking as someone who rebuilt a real one (and I am off to see it this Wednesday for the first time in over a year)

Edit: Just noted the carb intake is missing on the built up model. It's on the CAD though.

Edited by andy wood

Andy

I think the scallops are just as it is first off test shot (well let us hope so) and the part has not fully injected.

Ali

I think you're right there

Note the boxtop schemes have you put RCAF markings for a Harvard Mk4 on a T-6 with the incorrect rear canopy section. It has been asked before but not answered; will KH have the correct rear canopy section for the Harvard 2 or 4 ???? And while we're at it, the long exhaust too ??

Tony

• Like 1

Second test shot.

Kitty Hawk Models have almost finished their 1/32 T-6 Texan kit, and it will go into production next week. They hope they can sell it at the end of this month

Sources:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.629804170409784.1073741958.224979750892230&type=1

http://www.themodellingnews.com/2013/12/the-second-coming-kh32001-t-6-texan-in.html

KH32001+2nd+Test+T-6+Texan+(13).JPG

KH32001+2nd+Test+T-6+Texan+(15).JPG

KH32001+2nd+Test+T-6+Texan+(25).JPG

KH32001+2nd+Test+T-6+Texan+(3).JPG

KH32001+2nd+Test+T-6+Texan+(9).JPG

KH32001+2nd+Test+T-6+Texan+(12).JPG

V.P.

• 3 weeks later...